Field Supervisor at Farm for the Future Tanzania Limited
- Company: Farm for the Future Tanzania Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Field Supervisor
Job Location: Ilula, Iringa Tanzania
Age limit: 20 – 35 Yrs
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
INTRODUCTION TO THE ORGANIZATION
Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF) is a private limited company established under Tanzanian law.
The company is currently engaged in maize seed and Sunflower. A dam for water collection has just been built, and irrigation system for maize seed and macadamia nut production will be installed this year. The company’s future plan is to give priority to maize seed and macadamia nut production.The company is looking for a suitably qualified and professional “Field Supervisor”. The position is based at the company’s headquarter in Ilula- Iringa, Tanzania where the 250Ha farm is based.
FFF is built up as a unique model to eradicate poverty, with Commercial farming and training on the same arena. FFF is building a strong team that can bring the company to commercial success and to a model for the future. For more information visit www.ffftanzania.com
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working experience that documents major achievements in agricultural sector with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience,
- Experience of working with a private Agriculture company with big equipment/machines is mandatory
- A person with necessary experience that can build up a good culture in the Company consisting of permanent employees and casuals.
- Live FFF values and train the team to do the same: responsible, committed and result oriented
- A person that can communicate with various people/parties to enable and ensure success
- A minimum qualification being a diploma in any agricultural field.
- Experience in Seedmaize production will be an added advantage.
- Ability to do cost-effective solution.
- Physically fit and able as some of the work is manual and heavy
- Hardworking and dedicated to your work
- Able to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in maize seed production (highly desired)
- Fluent in English – spoken, written and reading
- Ability to use basic computer MS office programs
- Supervising all farm operations
- Coordinating and controlling quality of crop maintenance operations on the farm as per set standards in order to meet the production target, at lower cost.
- Crop scouting for pests and disease .
- Labour supervison and marking of timebook.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people who may be affected by what you do or not do.
- Performs all tasks according to Farm for the Future’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedure.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th March , 2022.