Field Supervisor (1 post) – ANTICOV Project, Dar at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Field Supervisor (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader / Study Coordinator
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: September 23rd 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced Field Supervisor to fill a vacant position in the ANTICOV project. The Supervisor will perform field supervision at areas surrounding the reginal referral hospitals of Amana, Mwananyamala or Temeke in Dar es Salaam.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise field dispensers and to ensure they perform their work per protocol and per SOPs.
- Conduct follow up of participants in the community to assess their wellbeing after administration of Investigational product.
- Document accurately and completely the follow up of participants.
- Responsible for guiding participants through the consenting process and study procedures and consent study
- Ensure enrolled participants return to the health facility for scheduled follow-up visits and follow up with participants who do not
- Ensure study participants are reimbursed as per the protocol
- Work closely with Study Administrator to ensure the field requirements are ordered, purchased and received on
- Work closely with the Transport Unit to ensure availability and maintenance of cars and
- Communicate with the Study Coordinator/ Project Leader on any issues/concerns from the
- Attend study field briefs and share progress of work with the rest of the
- Work closely with the study clinicians at the health facilities.
- Must be flexible to work during weekends / public
- Be responsible for the study supplies and equipment’s while in the
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meeting and active participation in all
- Adhere to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines at all times during the
- Assist in processing and maintaining documents and scheduling
- Perform any other duties assigned by the
Qualification and Experience
- Ordinary or Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (Form Four or Six graduates)
- Having worked in a research
Skills and Competencies
- Good English and Swahili, both spoken and
- Must be able to write brief reports and keep
- Must be computer
- Must be a team player.
- Good interpersonal
- Ability to ride a motorcycle will be added
- Adhere to Ifakara core values (transparency, accountability, respect, integrity and initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday September 23rd 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: FIELD SUPERVISOR – ANTICOV. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]