Field Officers (18) at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
|Position:||Field Officers (18 Posts)|
|Reports to:||Research Officer/Project Leader|
|Work station:||Tanga District (Tanga Municipality), Kaliua District (Tabora) and Sengerema District (Mwanza)|
|Apply by:||April 23rd 2021|
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for qualified and experienced Field Officers to perform a pilot work in a project title Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (TIMCI). This is a pragmatic cluster randomized controlled trial of pulse oximetry and clinical decision support algorithms in primary care in Tanzania.
The Field Officers will be required to collect quantitative data on the interventions that affect patient flow and patient-provider interactions, including change in care processes, consultation time, and communication between caregivers and healthcare providers. They will also be required to collect data on the impact of health and quality of care outcomes of sick children under specified age healthcare facilities. The Field Officers are expected to have knowledge and skills on qualitative and quantitative research methods and who are also quick to establish good relationships with workers in respective selected health facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data in healthcare facilities.
- Adopt the TIMCI protocol and procedures for better data collection.
- Support research implementations as per GCP the study areas.
- Participate in supervision of TIMCI data collection teams, health care workers and community members.
- Participate in presentation/ communication of research status at district level.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Sociology, Public Administration, Community Development, Nursing or Clinical Medicine; or an Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine (AMO).
Skills and Competencies
- Extensive experience in collection of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience in health and clinical research with focus in service provision assessment.
- Knowledge of good clinical practice (GCP).
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective team work.
- Effective communication, collaborative and problem-solving skills.
Able to meet dead lines.
- Good oral communications in English and Swahili.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative.)
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters through e- mail/ recruitment portal together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday April 23, 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Field Officer – TIMCI. Also, they should indicate the study area/region they prefer to be posted, that’s Tanga, Sengerema or Kaliua. Priority may be given to applicants residing in the study areas.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
Ifakara Street – Mikocheni
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 April 2021