Field Officer at Global Animal Health Tanzania (GAHT)
- Company: Global Animal Health Tanzania (GAHT)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Field Officer
Contract duration: Twelve (12) months (full-time engagement), with possibility of renewal
Reports To: Country Administrative Manager
Location: Mara, Tanzania
Position Description: The primary responsibility of the Field Officer (FO) will be to work in the field and to carry out data collection activities for research projects being implemented by Global Animal Health Tanzania (GAHT).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Project Coordinator (PC) and other researchers to determine field activities required to collect research data;
- Carry out data collection activities as described by the PC and other senior researchers identified by the PC. These will include household surveys, biological sample collection, vaccination coverage surveys etc.
- Maintain the safe storage and distribution (to the PC) of data collected;
- Drive and manage project vehicles;
- Be responsible for ensuring the GAHT vehicle is operated solely for project activities and that it is maintained in good order that includes;
- Maintaining vehicle log book where mileage is recorded before commencing and completing each field trip;
- Close communication with Program Coordinator ensuring vehicle maintenance is done in a timely manner;
- Report to the Program Coordinator of any serious mechanical problems that needs immediate resolution;
- Send a copy of vehicle log book each month to the Program Coordinator;
- Assist with project logistics as requested by Program Coordinator.
- Receive and securely manage project funds and provide timely and accurate accounts of said funds. These will include travel advances and any other cash advances provided for field activities.
- Miscellaneous other duties as requested
- An animal health qualification (certificate or diploma level)
Beneficial skills and experience;
- Experience working in the field on research programs, especially those involving the handling of animals, particularly domestic dogs
- Experience as a leader overseeing field teams collecting biological samples and other data collection activities
- Fluent in Swahili and English
- Ability to speak Maa and other tribal languages
- Written English must be of a high standard
- Computer literate – comfortable with email, and proficient in the use of MS Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Valid clean driving license and preferably experience of driving 4-wheeel drive vehicles
- Knowledge and experience of vehicle maintenance and mechanics is a bonus
- Good communication, facilitation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, national environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Method of ApplicationPlease submit your detailed resume, a cover letter and relevant certificates to [email protected] cc [email protected]. Please indicate specific job title on the subject line of your email. In your resume please indicate the contacts of your previous 3 referees. Late applications will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 November 2021.