Field Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Field Officer – 1 Position
Reports to: Project Manager
Catholic Relief Services is the official humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS carries out the commitment to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas whereby it works to save, protect, and transform the lives in need in more than 100 countries without regard to the race, religion, or nationality. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of agriculture, health, emergency response, education, microfinance, peace building and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
CRS Tanzania seeks qualified candidates for the position of Field Officer who will implement project activities related to Community system strengthening in close collaboration with Government authorities. As a member of the team, the field officer will monitor and report on all project activities to the project manager based in the field office. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will be responsible for coordination, implementation and reporting all activities related to the project in the assigned area.
- Work with Program Manager in close consultation with senior Project Officer and other team members in coordinating and facilitating the implementation of program activities in the District.
- Work closely with the Local Government Authority, including the region and Council levels
- Attend regular meetings as scheduled and actively encourage and promote effective communication and strong working relationships within the team, local government, local leaders and the communities served.
- Support newly trained supervisors to deliver technical support to community health providers within their local areas.
- Facilitating coordination meeting, advocacy meeting and awareness raising session at the community level, together with community health care provides.
- Ensure the community-based activities such as village health and nutrition days (VHNDs), Community dialogues, community health education and follow up is well conducted, monitored and reported.
- Assist in planning for trainings and meetings for Community front line workers in their respective district.
- Follow up closely the implementation of activities under the program as scheduled in the plan action.
- Support data flow and reporting processes on the nutrition and health related intervention from the community to the district and program.
- To prepare and timely submission of monthly and quarterly program reports.
- In collaboration with MEAL Coordinator report on community indicators progress (objectives achievement)
- Document success stories from the field
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, including but not limited to Community Development, Public Health, Nutrition etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in community-based health and nutrition related project. Experience in an NGO setting is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge on maternal and childhood nutrition, health as well as Water Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) at community level.
- Good knowledge of strategies to promote gender equality, inclusion and promotion of youth participation in childcare practices.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in monitoring projects and collecting quality and relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities. Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Language: English, Kiswahili
Travel Required: Must be willing and able to travel for field activities up to 70%.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, Project Manager, project staff and other Program and Operations staff.
External:Local Government authorities, local partners, other implementing partners on the ground.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous improvement & Innovation
- Builds relationship
- Develops Talents
- Accountability and stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Method of ApplicationInterested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address [email protected] not later than 16th March 2023.
The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Female candidates, people with disability and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process. This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies and existing expertise is assessed and valued.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE