Field Engineering Business Partner at Unilever
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Unilever Jobs in Tanzania
Purpose of Role
The Field Engineering Business partner is responsible for maintenance management of all Field Technology and infrastructure (Mechanical, Irrigation infrastructure, Domestic Water Supply, Harvesting machinery and equipment, Fuel storage infrastructure). Ensure high standards of maintenance, lead in new technology rollout and ensure high productivity and longevity of all field installations at UTT.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Irrigation engineering/ Agricultural engineering or other relevant engineering degree.
- 4 Years’ experience.
- Maintenance Management Experience.
- Project Management Skills.
- Inventory management and Cost control.
- Manpower training, management, and assessment
- WCM Implementation and Tools such as RCA.
- Modern and Efficient Energy Technics
- Energy Management
- Develop and supervise daily machine checklists, ensure all field machines have been inspected according to the maintenance schedule and checklists.
- Document and perform RCA and lessons learned log for all observed faults in field machinery.
- Identify artisan skills and knowledge gap. Identify and organize inhouse and outsourced training for Field mechanics.
- Ensures all Field Workshop’s have sufficient inventory and maintenance records/documentation.
- Prepare and implement Machinery Maintenance Schedule for the all machinery and field infrastructure.
- Maintain Inventory and asset register for field machinery and equipment.
- Track and respond to all Job request for field machinery on timely basis. Ensure all works must have job request and ensure proper machine history and documentation
- Supports installation of new field infrastructure and machinery.
- Takes charge of machinery modification and supports the implementation of WCM in the fields.
- Responsible for the implementation of all company safety policies and procedures in the Field Workshops.
- Resolve problems and propose investments in Field infrastructure and utilities.
- Deliver the business targets aligned to the Company Strategy.
- Coordinate planning of spares for annual Irrigation infrastructure overhaul and maintenance
Continuous Improvement Management
- Should be OEE Champion for all Respective field workshops by ensuring all required data are captured and reported daily for discussion and proper recommendations on continuous improvement actions to improve OEE for the Fields.
- Should be champion on tracking agreed KPIs to process Supervisors, Senior Artisans and Section team leads so as to improve Factories performance on Safety, Factory availability and Made tea quality
- Work closely with Central Engineering workshop manager to continuously improve field engineering services.
- Do coaching to supervisors and team leads to empower their skills
Assets and Stocks
- Updates asset inventories records for the Fields.
- Maintain Machinery Inventory for all Fields including irrigation and workshops.
- Prepares and avail machinery and equipment for statutory inspection and calibration for legal compliance and safety integrity.
- Maintain and take responsibility for the Field workshop tools register.
- Monitor and validate Field related stock (Spares) movements in conjunction with the stores clerks.
- Responsible for the utilization of assets in the field.
- Flag up redundant/obsolete assets to responsible manager for disposal.
- Ensure the day to day operation and smooth delivery of field services and monitor all field mechanics/operators.Monitor machinery key performance indicators for efficient operation; generate periodic reports
- Carries out the implementation of Machinery safety, WCM in the Fields .
- Carries out implementation of projects, in liaison with engineering manager and agri-excellence team.
- Keep abreast with all new technology covering Irrigation, tea harvesting, and energy usage and make proposals for implementation where appropriate.
- Participate in field trials and implement actions.
- Implementation and follow up on improvement ideas on the field workshops
Finance, logistics and supplies
- Submits inputs into annual revenue & capital budgets.
- Provides technical specifications for the procurement of all field stock e.g. spare parts.
- Carries out cost management in the field workshop and ensures effective controls.
- Provide input into the monthly accounts review and implements agreed actions.
- Implement an effective procurement tracking system in the field workshops
- Requisitions and verifies quality of spares and materials ordered for field as per technical specification
- Track and report daily artisan and operator productivity in the fields, and take necessary actions for low performers while should motivate high performers.
- To train & develop field staff were necessary and ensure good operational and maintenance practises in the fields.
- Plans, allocates, and supervises all activities for field maintenance teams.
- Train & develop all field maintenance personnel in the Workshop on Safe maintenance procedures.
- Handles employee relations and maintains discipline in the workshop in conjunction with the responsible manager.
- Implement agreed welfare programmes and attend planned meetings ensuring completion of agreed actions.
- Responsible for the works team and ensures that agreed work plan targets and standards are implemented.
- Provide input and participate in the modular training of employees.
Social and welfare
- Implement all social welfare programmes including security, housing maintenance, recreation and general welfare amenities and schools in liaison with the unit manager.
Safety, Health, Environment, RA
- Authorizes issues and closes permits to work certificates in line with company policies for non-routine tasks related to field maintenance.
- Develops machinery safety in the field to meet Unilever standards.
- Maintains the workshop personnel reward/disciplinary and safety data.
- Should capture and prepare report for daily, weekly and monthly safety performances in the field.
- Should work with Field managers and SHE Representatives to ensure proper risk assessment is done regularly and all observations/findings are captured and action plan developed and tracked for Fields.
Frequent local travel between various field operations.
Should meet expectations on the Unilever Standards of Leadership behaviors relevant to the work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th May, 2022.