Field Driver Cum Mechanics/Messenger at SWISSAID
- Company: SWISSAID
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
SWISSAID is a non-government organization headquartered in Switzerland with operations in nine countries. It operates in Tanzania since 1972 with a focus on small scale farming, gender equality and extractives. Swissaid Tanzania currently works with a community of around 10000 small scale farmers in the southern regions of Mtwara, Ruvuma, Coast region and Lindi, through a selection of local partners. In line with our 2019-2024 country programme, our overarching objective is to improve sustainable rural livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
Areas of intervention on small scale farming:
- Increasing smallholder farmers’ productivity and production through diversified agro-ecological farming.
- Improving smallholder farmers’ capacity to generate net income through productive agro-ecological value chains.
- Strengthening smallholder farmers’ organizations to enhance sustainability and accountability.
- Promote agro ecology in national agriculture policies, plans and programmes, as a solution to sustainably increase the productivity and profitability of the agriculture sector and to enhance the livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
Regions of operation:
Field operations are mainly taking place in the regions of Mtwara and Lindi, Morogoro, Dodoma, Pwani Bagmoyo but also to a limited extent in other regions.
Further information on SWISSAID is available at www.swissaid.ch ; and on agroecology at www.fao.org/agroecology/en/
As part of Swissaid Tanzania Country Programme 2019-2024, contribute to Outcome 1 “Improved sustainable rural livelihoods of smallholder farmers” and in particular to its Output 1 “Increased smallholder farmers’ production through diversified agro-ecological farming”.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities:
- Operate Swissaid Vehicles and do basic maintenance
- Maintain defensive driving
- Perform daily Pre-trip and Post-trip vehicle inspection.
- Ensure safety keeping the vehicle and accessories (e.g Jack, spare tire, wheel spanner, First Aid Kit & another tool)
- Serve as a positive role model while providing transportation services
- Able to read and observe Traffic rules and to avoid traffic offensive and respond immediately to accident and ensure immediate action required is taken.
- Check and inform the management on expiration of Vehicle Road permits
- Ensure the periodic scheduled vehicles for maintenance is done in appropriate time, include arranging regular cleaning for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and observe traffic conditions.
- To Provide other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation services.
- Complying with road Tanzania Road regulations and be updated with new rules.
- Participate in SW Team activities and contribute to regular HR, Administrative and Finance matters as necessary.
- Perform messenger duties as and when needed, including but not limited to delivery and collection of material/documents and work-related items.
Qualifications and experience:
- Possession of Advanced level certificate or Ordinary level certificate
- Holder of Certificate or Diploma advanced Drivers Course Grade II Industrial or VIP and/or a significant from NIT/VETA.
- Able to read/Speak and write English (recommended) and Kiswahili (must)
- Possession of Driving License Class “E”
- Practical experience and interest in working with Project activities including the government, civil society, academia, organizations, agriculture sector and private sectors.
- Computer literate (recommended).
- Ability to work independently, multitasking extra hours, be a team player.
Method of ApplicationCandidates should submit a letter of intent describing how they qualify for this position, a CV, two referees including contact phone numbers and email address at their earliest convenience.
Deadline: January 26th 2024
Applicants MUST indicate expected gross salary in Tanzania shillings
PLEASE Send application to: [email protected]