Farm Workshop Mechanic at Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF)
- Company: Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: Farm Workshop Mechanic
Location: Ilula-Iringa Tanzania
Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF) is a private limited company established under Tanzanian law in April 2018. The company has just built a 440 ML dam and installed Two pivots for 120 ha maize seed production.
The first 440 macadamia seedlings have been planted, and 22,000 more to be planted on 68 ha land in December 2023. The Farm has a total of 350Ha land and investing a lot in the modern farm equipment like Planters, Tractors, Drone, Disc Harrow, Spreader and Ripper e.t.c.
We are now looking for a very experienced and qualified Farm workshop Mechanic to start as soon as possible. The position is based at the company’s headquarter in Ilula- Iringa, Tanzania where the 350 ha production fields are based. For more information visit www.ffftanzania.com
A long-term contract with bonus system, and with a base salary established for this position.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working experience as a Mechanic or similar role for not less than 2 years.
- Experience from working with a private company with big agricultural equipment is an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems
- Experience on doing repair and service both tractors and farm implements.
- Should know and stock fast moving spares for implements, familiar with operation procedure for most farm implements.
- Be able to lead, manage and train drivers on the correct usage of both tractor and implements.
- Certification from a vocational Training school is an added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem-solving
- Valid driving licence
- A minimum with a diploma in Agriculture General but bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Plant breeding, Horticulture will be an added advantage
- Data management
- Record keeping
- Ability to use basic computer MS office programs
- Leadership skills
- Very good written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English
- Conduct regular maintenance on equipment, systems, and automotive vehicles.
- Meet with the management to better understand their concerns and identify the issue.
- Assemble mechanical components according to specifications.
- Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to machine and vehicle users.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert management on issues arised
- Machines calibration that is planter and boom sprayer
- Prepare progress report and present to the relevant authorities for decision making
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people who can be affected by what you do or not do.
Method of ApplicationApplicant must attach an up-to-date CV and copies of Academic certificate
Applicant much attach a cover letter written in English language
Applicant must attach a copy of Valid driving licence
Applicant should submit all applications to [email protected]
The subject must bear your name followed by the post you are applying for, Example: Erick Mua – Farm workshop mechanic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: November 2nd, 2023