Farm Supervisor at Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL)
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacant positions currently available in the company as follows below…
Farm Supervisor (1 Post)
The person will plan and organise all cane development activities in Mkulazi estate. He/She will be reporting to Senior Agronomist.
Duties of the Farm Supervisor:
- Planning and organizing all cane development activities to enable achievement of set production, productivity and performance targets.
- Ensuring various field operations timelines are strictly observed
- Responsible for accurate capture and maintenance of all operational data regarding land development, seed cane supply, fertilizer distribution, herbicides and vehicle/machine utilization;
- Ensuring timely harvesting and distribution of seed cane & inputs to Ensure strict adherence to set quality standards in land development, seed harvesting and distribution;
- Ensure precise forecast of cane availability to meet current and future factory requirement;
- Ensure safety at workplace are adhered; and
- Any other duty as she/he may be assigned by his senior
Qualification and Experience:
- Holder of Bsc. in Agronomy/Agricultural General
- More than 5years experience with sugarcane husbandry
- Great awareness of sugar industry trends, technology and development
- Must be proficiency with computer especially MS word, Excel and outlook
- Excellent mentoring skills, interpersonal skills, leadership and initiative Skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Valid driving license as he/she will have to ride a motorbike to various working sites.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits will be as per the Company’s Salary scales/structures and the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is September 15th, 2020.