Factory Production Manager at TPC Ltd
- Company: TPC Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Tanzania
TPC Ltd is one of the respected sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacant position in the Factory Department.
POST: Factory Production Manager (1 Post)
Reports To: Factory Executive Officer – FAEO
-Core Job Description: Responsible for the operation of the factory process and operational requirements of new projects.
- Ensure that decisions taken and procedures regarding operation of the factory are understood and applied by the various Heads of Sections and their teams.
- Report to the FAEO on regular basis on the progress and difficulties encountered by Heads of Sections (HOS) to meet their targets.
- Give technical advice to the FAEO when necessary.
- Assist the various HOS in writing Work Instructions (operational procedures), especially ensuring that what written is applicable and fits in the general operation of the factory.
- Ensure that the HOS and their teams understand the environmental, health and safety policy and apply the underlying provisions and procedures.
- Ensure that employees are getting adequate and sufficient training to produce satisfactory work in terms of quantity and quality, in safe working conditions.
- To adopt a continuous improvement approach to all aspects (Operations, Assets, People) of the section and ensure that the adequate operational practices are applied in order to gradually improve sugar recovery, factory time efficiency and to maximize the use of the factory capacity.
- Propose and implement ways to improve the productivity and multi-skilling of employees.
- Ensure that the proper spares are purchased in good time and that the equipment is properly maintained to guarantee a sustained production of sugar.
- Ensure proper follow up of the levels of factory effluents and emissions to gradually achieve the highest possible standards in terms of environment protection.
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical challenges with innovative solutions.
- High level of computer literacy including exposure to SCADA type system and PLC’s.
- Good analytical and planning skills including exposure to finance/administrative aspects of a factory.
- Good English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in a managerial role within a Factory or Manufacturing industry.
- Flexible and the ability to work shifts and remain on call for emergency situations.
- Strong team work and leadership skills.
Bachelor Degree in Food Processing, Chemical Engineering or any other related field, short course/additional trainings in Sugar Technology will an added advantage. A combination of relevant academic qualification and experience working in Africa would be a great plus. 10 years in Food Production Management, at least 5 of which must be in a sugar factory environment.
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The closing deadline for all applications will be 14 days from the date of advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, “if you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer, P. O. Box 93, Moshi, Kilimanjaro Tel: +255272754389 FAX: +255272754391 E-mail:’ [email protected] ‘