Facilities Technician II at Compassion
- Company: Compassion
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
As an experienced facilities technician, you will perform event services setup support, furniture arrangement, and preventative building maintenance. You will perform general duties such as painting, light bulb replacements, minor electrical, minor plumbing, and limited vehicle maintenance. At this level, you will work independently on building maintenance and repair tasks and handle occasional customer service requests displaying a high level of courtesy and customer service. You may coach the work of other technicians. Depending on location, some duties may be performed in collaboration with contract service providers.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Complete new or existing office furniture setup and fixture assembly. Install modular furniture pieces using correct assembly methods and follows required specifications.
- Independently complete the setup and breakdown of furniture and equipment for daily events as assigned.
- Assist with or may conduct ergonomic assessments, maintaining program equipment, and provides education on proper best practices.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and assist occasionally with operational tasks including but not limited to warehouse and inventory management, hygiene and office supplies inventory, receiving, and shipping. Monitor furniture inventory and delivers furniture when applicable.
- Monitor the temperature and ventilation control system so that the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system provides optimal comfort and air quality for building occupants and performs according to system standards. React with a sense of urgency to customer needs, such as temperature adjustments. Perform second level maintenance tasks, which include trouble shooting, diagnosing, and repairing various components associated with operations.
- Perform cleaning tasks as assigned both inside and outside the building including tasks such as trash removal and exterior building and grounds upkeep. Ensure the external areas are free from hazards and obstructions.
- Work with the Sourcing Specialist to source and procure goods and services from approved vendors. May assess the supplier’s products to ensure that they comply with specifications and meet the organization’s quality standards. May negotiate prices and delivery conditions and commits to purchases (within established limits of authority), achieving terms that are in the Compassion’s best interest. May actively negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Independently complete assigned customer work order requests within service standard times.
- Provide technical advice to other assistants and offices.
What do you bring?
- Five years relevant experience working in a facilities maintenance, Facilities Management, Estate Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Safety, electro-mechanical repair, or skilled craft position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Estate Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Safety or related field
- Class C Driving license.
- Certification from a nationally or internationally recognized organizations/Authorities/Institutions/ Bodies in a related field is an added advantage
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
- Standard Office Environment
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- May be required to travel up to 50% of normal schedule.
- This position requires that the applicant/employee personally drives a Compassion owned or leased vehicle as an essential job function of the position. Any job offer and continued employment in a position where driving is an essential function, is contingent upon both possession of a valid driver’s license and continued monitoring of the employee’s driving abilities and MVR.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September, 2023.