Facilities Officer at School of St Jude
- Company: School of St Jude
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you passionate about Facilities and workplaces and enjoy seeing effective operations in your area of work? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Motivated to ensure the built environment is safe and performs the services it was meant for
- You are extremely detail oriented and you do not settle if things are not in place.
- You are passionate in seeing an organized and effective workplace that encourages work life balance
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about the continued improvements you can do in your role
What you’ll do
- To provide support to the Facilities Manager by assisting in the review of, maintenance of and forward planning for all three campuses for the Maintenance and Transport teams.
- You will also be working closely with the Academic and Head office teams and all other St Jude’s teams.
- The role also involves data processing to manage energy consumption & efficiency, fuel consumption, vehicle services and using the results for informed decision making.
- You will participate in the development, implementation and continuous improvement to annual preventive maintenance schedules for buildings, equipment and landscapes
- You will develop, implement and continuously improve Facilities standard operating procedures.
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor degree in Facilities/Property Management from TCU accredited university is preferred
- Relevant experience of at least 3 years working as Facilities Officer in a large Facility
- Strong communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Strong inter-personal skills to work in collaboration with other departments
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to frequently travel between School’s three campuses to ensure progress of work
- Have a hobby (sport or club) that you can share with others for a holistic education
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Method of ApplicationSend your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/FAC/01/23)
Applications close on 6th April 2023
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE