Fabrication Workshop Supervisor at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Fabrication Workshop Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Superintendent
Work Schedule: Five Days (5) Days On / Two (2) Days Off
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Supervising and lead the fabrication maintenance crew as directed by the supervisor
- Maintaining, repairing mobile equipment/fixed plant and report back to foreman Mobile Maintenance.
- Ensure that all fabrication and machining works are carried out to required standards and in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed and implemented in the department of responsibility.
- Ensure the preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules based on daily, weekly and monthly mining and ore processing priorities.
- The quality, cost and timeliness of maintenance activities are critical to the project as a whole.
- Ensure maintenance costs are kept to, or below assigned budget.
- Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of mine equipment.
- Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost-effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
- Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safe Environment Analysis (JSEA) process.
- Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees
- Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the company’s safety initiatives.
- Welding and Fabrication certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
- Valid Tanzanian driving license.
- 10 years’ experience in similar role
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of Application
|Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.|
Please forward applications before 10th February 2021
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|