External Relations Associate at UNHCR
- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Posting End Date
March 19, 2023
Standard Job Description
External Relations Associate
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The External Relations Associate is normally supervised by the External Relations Officer or another professional staff depending on the staffing structure of the Office. The incumbent receives regular guidance and advice from the supervisor. Advice and operational support may also be received from other senior staff and support units at the Country Office/HQ.
External contacts are generally with a broad range of officials from national and international institutions, media or general public involving the exchange of a wide range of information.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Provide background briefings to local and international media.
– Keep track of evolving issues concerning persons of concern to be able to suggest stories and topics for the media to cover.
– Provide daily briefings on local developments to the Head of Office and ensure that briefing materials from other offices are available.
– Accompany visits of foreign delegations and the media to refugee sites in the region, giving appropriate briefings, commentaries and prepare briefing material for visitors.
– Establish contacts with local organisations to promote general interest and understanding of refugee issues
– Ensure that the office is kept informed of local developments which may have a political or operational impact on the office’s activities.
– May be required to compile information and SitReps received from the Field Offices and/or sections within the Office and consolidate into weekly/monthly/quarterly report.
– Advise the Head of Office of local aspects of external relations policies.
– Liaise with external partners and local organizations on behalf of UNHCR.
– Produce reports and briefings for internal and external partners.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Political Sciences Social Sciences International Relations
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
IT-Web Content Management
CO-Drafting and Documentation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
CO-Drafting and Documentation, IT-Computer Literacy, IT-Web Content Management, TI-Interpretation
BA: Communication, BA: International Relations, BA: Journalism, BA: Social Science
Communication – Other, International Relations – Other, Journalism – Other, Political Science – Other, Social Sciences – Other
Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Innovation & creativity, Organizational awareness, Political awareness, Teamwork & collaboration
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE