External Affairs and Communications Manager – UTT at Uniliver
- Company: Uniliver
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Purpose of Role
The role is responsible for developing and implementing a framework of partnerships that aligns the shared objectives of corporate activities, the Unilever sustainable living plan, growth, and reputational issues of UTT with key external stakeholders and opinion formers and internally as an employee engagement contact.
- Day to day Management of local partners and key stakeholders (Government Agencies, Local Community, Local Police, and other external key opinion formers) for UTT that maximizes our commercial and reputational opportunities.
- Develop and manage relationships with complimentary key external stakeholders including IGOs, NGOs, Governments, banks, and social entrepreneurs to help extend the remit and positive impact of our partnerships.
- Develop and manage partner programmes that positions Unilever as a prominent player in helping to achieve the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan in areas where our business growth can have a positive social impact – sanitation, drinking water, hygiene, well-being, and self-esteem.
- Work to further Unilever’s knowledge of how the external political and social environment impacts in our partnership programme areas and how to leverage these relationships to maximum effect. This includes representing Unilever at the appropriate level and helping to direct senior employees engaged with these organizations.
- Create programmes in consultation with the Plantations External Affairs and Communications Manager that positions Unilever as a prominent player in helping to achieve the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan in areas where our business growth can have a positive social impact such as: a) the key USLP goals related to Health and Hygiene b) employee engagement activations around the programmes including volunteering c) Shared advocacy opportunities to raise awareness of issues and Unilever’s role in the solution – comms, media, social media, speaking platform
- Implement the strategy of ‘inspiring advocacy through dialogue and action’ across all stakeholder groups to develop Unilever’s reputation as ‘a strong, growing, responsible company that engages me personally’
- Manage UTT internal communications and employee engagement programme around partner activities in conjunction with HR teams.
- Ensuring that all activities and messages are phased and aligned within an agreed plan and timescale
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies.
- Update databases and media lists.
- Track projects and media exposure.
- Create and deliver content – stories, photos, video, quotes, and other information – that help the organization build and nurture relationships with stakeholders and the general public.
- Storyteller – visual and written. In accordance with the global content calendar, collect stories, photos and video about children & general public and their experiences with Unilever’s programs, to show impact and build brand engagement.
- Jointly with the Admin Assistant, make logistical arrangements for UTK visitors, company events and CSR activities.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Graduate in Business Administration, Sociology, Communication, Public Relations
- At least 3+ years relevant experience in Corporate Communications, Brand Management or External Affairs in a reputable organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use data insights to shape strategy, creative briefs, and content.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to define persuasive core messages.
- Familiarity with website, search, email, digital ads, and social media best practices.
- Strong detail orientation and an ability to manage complex projects with creative teams.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
- Good Commercial Understanding
- Stakeholder Management and knowledge
- Good understanding of international, national, regional, and local administrative and political institutions and decision-making processes.
- Ability to develop communications materials and strategies to support advocacy efforts.
- Ability to manage discussions between differing viewpoints and drives towards a win-win solution.
- Ability to manage and mitigate crisis situations that may impact Unilever’s business, including media relations.
- Ability to identify, map and priorities relationship with key stakeholders.
- Able to represent Unilever effectively externally in industry and trade associations, at conferences, meetings, workshops, etc.
- Ability to articulate Unilever’s position and strategy around priority issues both internally and externally in a compelling way.
- A good communicator who can prepare high quality and tailored briefings and presentations especially for senior leaders.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd December , 2021.