Extension Agronomists x2 at The Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI)
- Company: The Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Tanzania
Extension Agronomists (2 posts)
Location: TaCRI, Ugano, and Mbimba sub-stations in Mbinga and Mbozi districts
Reports to: Zonal Programme Managers-TaCRI Ugano and Mbimba sub-stations
Roles and responsibilities:
To support the development of the coffee industry by:
- Disseminating proven technologies to district extension staff, farmers, and estates through the provision of training courses for sustainable and profitable coffee production
- Identifying training needs and support TaCRI’s training centre as an income generating centre
- Promoting relevant and appropriate extension messages for growing coffee as a business
- Supporting the central research programme by facilitating on-farm and on-station research
- Supporting the development and upgrading of respective district, ward, farmer groups, estates, and other stakeholders’clonal coffee nurseries
- Promoting market awareness including an appreciation of cup quality
- To test viable business models to produce coffee, i.e, horizontal/vertical diversification
- To support the development of nurseries producing new varieties for replanting program
- To develop and deliver training courses (training of trainers)
- Monitoring the implementation of Result 4 activities in the respective zone
Agronomy and extension skills
The ideal candidate will need to have a strong understanding of agronomic and extension principles associated with the production and marketing of good quality coffee or any other perennial crops. Also, the Candidates must be computer literate with outstanding communication skills.
Academic qualification; At least a BSc in Agriculture/Agronomy/Horticulture/Rural development with proven records of achievement. Applicants with Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
Work Experience: At least a minimum of 2years of work experience with relevance in extension and/or agricultural research activities. Experience with the private sector and hands-on participatory approach and especially working with coffee farmer groups/coffee industry will be an added advantage.
Remuneration: TaCRI is an equal opportunity employer and offers attractive and competitive remuneration.
Method of ApplicationAn application letter in your handwriting or typed
Fully typed Curriculum vitae
Certified copies of relevant certificates
Full postal address including telephone contact details and e-mail address if any
Three contactable references
All applications must reach the Chief Executive Director through the address below (not by email).
Chief Executive Director,
Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI),
P.O. Box 3004,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. The deadline for the applications is 09.11.2021.