Exploration Graduate Geologist x3 at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Jobs in Tanzania - Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
JOB ADVERT – EXPLORATION GRADUATE GEOLOGIST (03 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an Exploration Graduate Geologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his/her team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Exploration department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Duration: 2 years (renewable)
Conduct geological activities in a safe and cost-effective manner. Conduct safety/toolbox meetings at workplace.
Conduct geological mapping, sampling, drill site inspections, drilling supervision and other work-site activities as advised by the supervisors.
• Assist Geologists with accomplishing geological tasks at hand.
• Conduct geological, geotechnical, and structural logging, sampling, dispatch, and storage; collection and collation of surface sampling (SSED, Soils and litho-sampling).
• Ensure samples are of high quality and meet QAQC standards outline by the Company.
• Assist with report writing and technical presentations
• The work location will cover North Mara, Bulyanhulu, Buzwagi and other Greenfields projects in Tanzania.
Bachelor of Science in Geology/with Geology
Exposure in the Exploration and Mining industry.
• A valid Tanzania Driver’s license would be an added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Working knowledge of MS Office suite of computer programs; additional software knowledge would be an added advantage.
• Physical fitness to be able to fit in the working environment.
• Work under minimal supervision.
• Map reading skills
• Communication Skills; Fluent in English (and other languages Swahili, French)
• Committed to safety.
• Flexible and performance orientated.
• High level of interpersonal skills
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd December, 2022.