Executive Secretary at Tanzania Chamber of Mines
- Company: Tanzania Chamber of Mines
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania Chamber of Mines is a member-based, voluntary private sector organization which brings together a broad spectrum of key players in the commercial mining industry in Tanzania. It was established in 1994 and is registered under the Societies Act [CAP.337 R E. 2002]. The Chamber is the voice of the commercial mining industry and it plays a pivotal role within the sector to provide a recognized liaison point between the commercial mining Industry community and the Government, and between the commercial mining Industry and the public.
Overall purpose of the job
The incumbent will be the chief executive officer of the chamber reporting to the executive council. The position will be based in Dar es salaam with flexible working arrangement in Dodoma and occasional foreign assignments.
Apart from supervising the day-to-day operations of the secretariat, as the chief executive officer of the Chamber, the Executive Secretary has the primary duty of progressing the strategic plan of the Chamber, In doing so. the right candidate is expected to strengthen the secretariat, increase the visibility of the Chamber as the voice of the commercial mineral sector, and improve its image while facilitating effective communication and dissemination of information among the members, private sector organizations, Government and other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES FOR THE JOB
- Must be a citizen of Tanzania
- Fluency In written and spoken Swahili and English
- A university qualification in applied sciences, economics, business, law or finance
- At least 15 years’ experience in the Tanzania commercial mineral industry
- Proven senior managerial experience
- Proven advocacy and facilitation skills
- Proven private sector orientation
- Proven experience in preparation and presentation of papers to board level
- Knowledge of the Mining Act CAP 123, its regulations and other related laws
- Ability to interact with people at all levels
- A person of high integrity, honest and trustworthy with sound work ethics
- Computer literate
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall accountability and management of the Chamber
- Coordinating and administering all policy and advocacy issues of the organization
- Maintain a good work relationship with all stakeholders including the Government, regulators, members, civil societies and the media
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Council or the Office Bearers
- An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect this senior position
Method of Application
The Tanzania Chamber of Mines is an equal opportunity employer that respects gonder, religion and Infirmity. Suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested with this position, please email your CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you fit the requirements of this position and how you can further the aims of the members of the Chamber. Email the mentioned documents to: [email protected]
The latest date of receiving applications will be 30th August, 2021. Only successful candidates will be shortlisted for interview