Executive Director at Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA
- Company: Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TANZANIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INDUSTRY AND AGRICULTURE
VACANCY POSITION FOR THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) is a private sector organization (PSO) which was established in 1988 under the Companies Act Cap 212 as a company limited by guarantee. TCCIA was established with the purpose of uniting all members of business community, to formulate and uphold highest standards of business ethics and to act as instrument of members in dialogue with the government on broad issues of macro and micro social economic policies and advocacy, lobby and network for the well-being of their businesses and prosperity of entrepreneurs amongst others. TCCIA is now geared to formulating a new vision and mission with main focus on business capacity building in trade and Investment.
TCCIA would like to recruit a dynamic, experienced, result oriented and qualified individual to fill the position of Executive Director that will foster the implementation of its goals and promote its strategic vision in contributing towards Tanzania’s socio-economic transformation. In this context, all interested and qualified individuals are invited to apply for this position. The applicants must be of outstanding integrity, creativity, with a good track record of initiating change and capable of interacting with diverse groups of people with local and international experience.
Qualified Internal candidates are highly encouraged to apply and will be given the first priority.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reporting to: The President of the Chamber
Purpose of the Job:
Ensuring the vision and mission of the Tanzania chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture are realized and achieved.
- Providing day to day management of the TCCIA operations including human resource management, financial management, planning and budgeting;
- Coordinating and providing analytical support and assessment on identification of bottlenecks in doing business for engaging with the Government and related stakeholders as well as advocacy;
- Coordinating and supervising formulation of business ethics and advocating for buy in and commitment for upholding the highest ethical values;
- Providing advice and assistance to the Government in formulation of Policies, Plans, and Strategies relating to industrial and agricultural development and promotion of trade domestically and foreign markets;
- Developing and implementing strategies for promoting, coordinating and protecting commercial, industrial and agricultural interests for Tanzania in general and of members in particular;
- Coordinating policy advocacy meetings for identifications of business challenges for presentation to the responsible Government units including Tax Reforms Task Force, Business Environment Reforms and TNBC;
- Conceptualizing, developing and managing capacity-building programs including all aspects of program planning and implementation, financial management and administrative oversight;
- Direct corresponding with various partners for projects, ensuring project proposals, write-ups, and M&E plans are properly reviewed and documented;
- Directing the design, fundraising, marketing, delivery and evaluation of high-quality capacity-building programs, projects,
- Provide leadership on establishment and organization of Trade, Industrial and Agricultural Exhibitions including development of financing mode;
- Advocating for buy in of social unity and welfare within the commercial, industrial and agricultural community;
- Develop and implement measures to secure uniformity in commercial practices;
- Analyzing applications and issue certificates of origin and other documents necessary for international trade;
- Coordinating identification of areas for cooperation with national, regional and foreign countries and to furnish information to business houses in foreign countries on the financial standing and commercial strength of national firms agreements on the establishment of joint working bodies with foreign bodies;
- Providing facilities for research into commercial, industrial and agricultural matters and dissemination of results;
- Providing leadership on instituting, establishing and promoting trade and export awards and prizes;
- Providing analytical support and recommendations on arbitrations or in the settlement of disputes arising out of business transactions and providing the means necessary for the independent courts of arbitration to perform to perform their functions;
- Providing support on identification of potential national, regional and international institutions which are potential for affiliation, consultation, and cooperation;
- Coordinating periodic evaluations of the performance, preparing and disseminating performance reports of the TCCIA; and
- Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
- Master Degree in International Trade, Public Policy, Agriculture, Management, Governance, Economics, Financial Management or Equivalent;
- Knowledge of the private sector is a must;
- Proficiency in computers and Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- This post requires a candidate with at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the non-profit making organizations or sectors driving projects to achieve systems change, with seven years’ experience in a senior leadership role managing a team; and
- The prospective candidate must demonstrate capacity in coordination, interaction with diverse group of people, management and problem solving.
- Result oriented with evidence-based performance record.
Age Limit: The candidate should between 35 – 45 years of age Duty Station: Dar es Salaam.
Remuneration: Attractive and negotiable package according to TCCIA salary scales.
Method of ApplicationIf you believe you are the right candidate for the above-mentioned position, send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees. Applications should be sent and received by post not later than Thirty (30) days from the first appearance of this advertisement on the Newspaper, clearly addressed to the address given below.
Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture
P.O. Box 9713,
PSSSF House, Samora avenue/Morogoro road
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 February 2022.