11 May 2021
Executive Director at Association of Tanzania Oil and Gas Service Providers (ATOGS)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Association of Tanzania Oil and Gas Service Providers (ATOGS)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: The Board
Salary Band: Competitive
- Provide progressive visionary leadership of the association in line with the needs of the association.
- Uphold and promote the values of the association in line with creating value of the Association to its members and other stakeholders involved
- Overseeing day to day activities and functions of the association
- Formulate plans and strategies, for approval by the Board to provide services to the association and its members based on the core existence of the association
- Ensure that such plans and strategies are formulated and implemented to ensure long term sustainability of the association.
- Maintain an appropriate team-based structure for the management of the association and delivery of objectives
- Ensure that professional and business relationships with respective partners and stakeholders are handled in a manner consistent with the ATOGS strategy and with the aims and objectives of the ATOGS as approved by the Board
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual and medium-term plans for the association together with programs, activities and projects to meet objectives agreed with the Board
- Implement and maintain management policies and procedures that are compliant with the ATOGS constitution and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Lead the effective engagement of association members and other stakeholders at all levels, including monitoring the service quality and experience rendered to the members and other stakeholders
- Lead in resource mobilization strategies including fundraising programs and activities for the association
- Engagement and interact with Government; it’s Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA’s)
Communication and Information
- Provide progressive updates to the Board on the set plans and strategies
- Advocacy of the ATOGS with East Africa and the World at large
- Handling media issues that concern the ATOGS
- Accountable and responsible for effective financial management, planning and monitoring
- Ensure compliance with all legal and professional requirements in relation to the financial management of the ATOGS
Staff, Management, and Resources
- Drive the association and development of people policies for the ATOGS, including maintenance and development of policies on ajira recruitment, deployment, performance, training, development and all employment law statutes;
- Ensure that the skills and experience of the ATOG’s employees are consistent with its overall objectives and are providing quality services and experience to its members and stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate workload measurement and performance management systems are implemented and maintained.
- Establish clear structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all staff in line with anticipated growth
- Always ensure that the association is compliant to relevant regulatory bodies and authorities
Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Any professional Certification in management, leadership and customer experience is an added advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels including presenting information at board of director level
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent leadership and diplomatic skills
- Demonstrate strong Emotional Intelligence attitude
- Analytic strategic thinking/problem solving
- Effective management of financial resources and human resources
- High fundraising abilities
- Ability to work with media, Ministries, and related institutions and Donors
- Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising abilities
- Can demonstrate senior leadership experience with a significant track record of success 10- 15 years.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal merit and performance at a senior level
- Demonstrate a capacity to lead and develop initiatives within a strategic framework
- Chairing and managing high level internal and external meetings
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share