Executive Assistant to the National Director at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the National Director (1 post)
Duty station: National Office
Reporting to: National Director
- Serves as the National Director’s administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees and manages Board activities, which include coordinating semi-annual board meetings and dinners, semi-annual board staff lunches/ receptions/new board member orientations, arranging hotel accommodations for board members, processing travel reimbursement requests, compiling, assembling and distributing board meeting materials.
- Work closely with the National Director and SOS Tanzania Board through regular correspondence, arrange meetings and prepare briefing materials for the National Director
- Preparation, finalization and circulation of all board papers, notice and agenda item for each of the meetings including resolutions to be passed.
- Provision of administrative support in the delivery of assignments and initiatives on behalf of the National Director’s office as and when required by the Board.
- Coordinates board committees (Finance, Programs, HR, Fundraising and Audit Committee meetings, maintain confidential files and contact information, coordinates meetings, conferences and committees to support the National Director’s agenda.
- Ensure all board correspondence and relevant materials are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordination of departmental reports and documentation for the Board of Trustees meetings and other meetings with outside partners.
- To follow up on action points/recommendations from board meetings on behalf of the National Director for effective implementation. Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual Board of Trustees meetings.
- Support the National Director to prepare and distribute Board papers and ensure all Board papers are filed and kept up to date.
- To coordinate, attend and take minutes for National director’s meetings, board meetings and any other relevant meetings as per National Director’s preference.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the National Director with Board members, donors, stakeholders and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Draft reports, letters of solicitation, proposals, prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and board of trustees on behalf of the National Director.
- Maintain a daily file, create and maintain a ‘bring up’ system for National Director’s office.
- Manage the National Director’s diary, including booking appointments and meetings.
- Maintain the National Director’s calendar/diary. This includes making appointments and responding to general inquiries. Manage messages on behalf of the National Director.
- Collating all correspondence from the other Departments to be presented to the National Director and later re-distributing the said correspondence and/or new assignments to the relevant Departments in a timely fashion.
- Perform full secretarial support including typing, reviewing letters, memos, reports and any other correspondence for the National Director’s clearance
- At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsors, SOS beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-workers is handled confidentially and in accordance with prevailing SOS data protection laws
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with Social Sciences / Secretarial and Office Management background and an interest in national and global issues.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- 3-5 years providing support for upper-level management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and keen eye for details
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.
Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 January, 2021