Executive Assistant to the CEO at Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB)
- Company: Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB) is an institution under the President’s Office – State House established in December 2022 to accelerate the implementation of the Presidential Priority Projects. The Priority Projects fall under the Blue Economy, Infrastructure, Tourism and Social Services portfolios, supported by technology. The Bureau provides technical assistance to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to drive the implementation of the priority projects that will contribute to transformative, sustainable, and tangible outcomes and impact. The PDB contributes to unlocking implementation bottlenecks through enhanced coordination, resource mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building. The Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB) is looking for suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the below-mentioned job positions.
Executive Assistant to the CEO -1 Post
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinating on-site and off-site meetings for the CEO.
- Drafting emails and templates to facilitate time management.
- Schedule meetings and draft meeting agendas.
- Organizing team communications and plan events, both internally and externally.
- Researching projects as needed and preparing inputs for notes, speeches and presentations for the CEO.
- Following up on contacts made by the CEO and supporting the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Assisting other members of the office with various tasks as they arise.
- Coordinating executive communications, including responding to emails and interfacing with stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, and any additional qualification as a personal assistant would be considered an advantage.
- Previous executive-level experience as an assistant for at least five years.
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Upholding a strict level of confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-motivated to work independently.
- Interpersonal skills, including listening skills, exhibiting a professional, energetic, proactive, and enthusiastic demeanour.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule determined by the needs of the PDB.
- Professional demeanour and presentation.
- Superior attention to detail, highly organized with an ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience working with development and fundraising programs to increase donor contributions and funding sources is an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationAll application letters should be made electronically through the email address of the Bureau and be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Presidential Delivery Bureau Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected]
Conditions for applications:
- The deadline for application is 13th August 2023. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- All applications be submitted online at [email protected]
- All Applicants should be citizens of Tanzania and shall attach certified copies of their Birth Certificate and National Identity (NIDA) or Zanzibar Identity (ZANID).
- The application should comprise the following documents:
- Applicants must attach a cover letter duly signed by the applicant with scanned copies of relevant academic certificates, current curriculum vitae, and letters of recommendation from two (2) outstanding referees and reliable contacts.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Level Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants under public service employment MUST attach with their applications an approval letter from their respective accounting officer allowing their release in case they get selected fora position.
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.