Event & Catering Manager at Four Seasons
- Company: Four Seasons
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Are you a skilled financial professional seeking an extraordinary opportunity in the heart of the Serengeti? Look no further! Four Seasons Serengeti is currently seeking a highly competent and motivated individual to join our team as the Events & Catering Manager. This position is based at the Lodge.
About Four Seasons Serengeti:
Four Seasons Serengeti is an iconic, world-class luxury safari lodge nestled in the stunning landscapes of Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park. With breathtaking views of the vast plains, exceptional wildlife encounters, and unparalleled guest experiences, Four Seasons Serengeti offers a truly unique and unforgettable stay for our discerning clientele. Our commitment to excellence, attention to detail, and personalized service sets us apart as a leader in the hospitality industry.
Main Duties and Responsibility
1. To ensure that training in all aspects of banqueting/catering work is carried out continuously.
2. To ensure that staffing levels are maintained in accordance with Company guidelines.
3. To ensure that the quality and quantity of casual staff is in accordance with Company guidelines.
4. To recommend for the selection, dismissal and promotion of all banqueting/catering personnel.
5. To liaise with all other personnel in the Hotel to ensure that maximum use is made of all available resources.
6. To ensure that he/ she is aware of all Company rules and regulations as outlined in the Four Seasons policy booklets, the Company contract of employment and in various memos and directives as may be issued from time to time.
7. To help, guide, counsel and encourage staff whether they are under your control, or not, at all times.
8. To interview prospective clients of the Hotel, to ascertain their wishes, carry out their requirements and supervise the correct and accurate operation of their particular function.
9. To carry out appraisals on members of the Catering Department according to Company timetable.
10. To ensure that his/ her superior is advised of customer complaints at all times and to deal with or ensure that complaints from customers are dealt with immediately.
11. To assist his/ her superior in the execution of his/ her duties and/ or responsibilities at all times.
12. To behave in such a way that you become a credit to the Company at all times.
13. To allocate duties and delegate work within the department continuously monitoring the progress and ensuring that all work is kept up to date.
14. To ensure that the banqueting rooms are let to maximum occupancy and maximum profitability.
15. To place a particular emphasis on the sections relating to health and safety at work and fire precautions.
16. To develop creative and suggestive Banquet menus and pricing structures based on local competitive analysis according to timetable.
17. To conduct weekly meetings with support departments to review all events for the upcoming week, i.e.; Stewarding, Banquet service, etc.
18. To keep management and Public Relations informed on all the functions booked at the hotel as well as any known personalities or security sensitive functions.
19. The ability to co-ordinate details of daily events with the Executive Chef, Banquet Services Manager and Assistant Managers.
20. To supervise the execution of banquet events to ensure high standards of food, beverage and service.
21. To develop and promote creativity and to introduce innovations throughout the department to differentiate from the competition, motivate staff, encourage new business and help up-selling.
22. To maintain a good relationship with counterparts in other competitive establishments and to be able to report competitive analysis as required.
23. To help the DOSM and Lodge team to achieve revenue budget and ensure that realistic objectives which are set from time to time are achieved.
24. To handle clients and prospective clients in such a way that sales and profitability is maximised.
25. Coordinate all group reservations after handover from the sales team or when the group/event is confirmed
26. Monitor “trace” date on all groups.
27. Work with the off property-based Group Sales Coordinator to manage group blocks in Golden Sales & Catering (GSC) as per standards. Ensure to review group tour pick up on GSC as per standards to reflect actuals
28. Ensure Group rooming lists are accurately entered into Opera PMS
29. Create new Booking Codes and modify existing Booking Codes to include cancellations, date changes, block changes, rate changes and billing changes.
30. Maintain blocks based on historical information and pick up reports.
31. Review Group rooming lists prior to arrival for special requests, spelling, duplicate profiles, and billing instructions.
32. Ensure all VIP’s and Special Attention notes are in the system/Golden Profile.
33. Organize & Attend Group Pipeline Meeting / Resume Meetings / Pre-Con Meeting.
34. Prepare and communicate Group Resumes and Action Plans in pre con meetings.
35. Calculate Attrition charges within 3 days of group departure.
36. Liaise with all appropriate departments regarding group needs.
37. Required to be the main contact at the Lodge for all wedding package inquiries and coordinate with all departments to ensure the event/ceremony is as planned.
38. Complete reservation transactions from start to finish in the computer system.
39. To secure and control all stocks issued to the Catering Department and to supervise and control departmental billing and control procedures, ensuring that clients are accurately and honestly charged for the services they receive.
40. To order and sign for services and expenditure required within the Catering Department.
41. To produce on a weekly basis the revenue forecast and to present this at the weekly forecast meeting.
42. To maintain a thorough concept of food cost and menu planning.
To carry out any other tasks or projects as assigned by the hotel management.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.