Evaluation and Assessment Advisor – Tanzania at SoCha
- Company: SoCha
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to the USAID/Tanzania Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity. The purpose of the Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation activity is to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
To support the associated MEL services on this activity, SoCha seeks a full-time, qualified Evaluation and Assessment Advisor.
**Experienced Tanzanian citizens and resident evaluators are encouraged to apply.**
Scope of Work:
Illustrative Functions of the Position
The Evaluation Expert will:
- Oversee evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies, strategic approaches and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Be responsible for the design, quality, and final deliverables of all evaluation reports and any evaluations, assessments, surveys, and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible.
- Design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Work with the Chief of Party (COP) in ensuring that evaluation information is shared and utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- An advanced degree in international development, public administration, organizational development or a relevant field;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation methodologies (i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing, and analysis);
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) approach;
- Understanding of international development sectors, including youth, health, education, and governance;
- Demonstrated practical experience in using monitoring and evaluation and learning activities to inform activity implementation and results and,
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded activities preferred.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, with some in-country travel.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2022.