Evaluation Advisor at Panagora
- Company: Panagora
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Drawing on decades of experience across all developing regions, we offer a range of foundational international health and development services, with specialized expertise in global health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); private-sector solutions; capacity building; knowledge management; and communications. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced Evaluation Advisor for an anticipated Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Platform contract. This five-year activity will assist mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization, data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID and its implementing partners.
This is a long-term position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania expected to start in mid-2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the Monitoring Advisor and M&E Capacity building Advisor to ensure that the MEL related needs of USAID/Tanzania are met including planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Lead evaluation and research activities, including planning and management; leading evaluation and assessment teams; and conducting activities to build capacity for USAID/Tanzania and Implementing Partners in M&E methodology.
- Engage with relevant USAID/Tanzania staff and implementing partners in the design and application of evaluation and assessment methodologies to meet the deliverables required under the MEL activity.
- Identify and execute appropriate agreed-upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Act as lead analyst for interpreting the results of surveys and other field data and be responsible for report preparation and finalization.
- Present updates, findings, and final reports to USAID/Tanzania and other stakeholders for MEL activity evaluations and assessments.
- Supervise long- and short- term technical staff engaged in evaluations and research.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, social sciences, statistics, economics, or a related field.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in designing, implementing, managing, and analyzing the results of both evaluations and assessments for donor-funded mechanisms; experience working with USAID monitoring and evaluation mechanisms strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience and technical expertise in a specialized field, which include the areas of: (1) economic growth ; (2) education; (3) health; (4) democracy, human rights, and governance; and (5) youth programming and interventions.
- Skilled in remote and in-person quantitative and qualitative data collection, data analysis, and report writing. Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis and software such as STATA, NVIVO, etc. required.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills with a minimum of three years of supervisory experience of staff and/or consultant teams.
- Meaningful professional experience in Tanzania a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Local consultants are encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th October, 2021.