ERT Officer at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit ERT Officer to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabigena (open pit).
- Ensure total compliance/adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow work schedule to maximize efficiency, taking into consideration roles and responsibilities cooperation with other team members.
- Respond to incidents, including natural disasters (Fire, Underground and Water Rescue) and assess the situation to determine the level of response required and Assist with any other accident/incident onsite and offsite.
- Identify all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within ERT training and real emergency
- 100% to all fire inspection and rescue, i.e. Ensure fire extinguishers are properly hanged, expiry monitored, safety pins are fixed, and seals are not broken
- Contribute and support on the weekly training
- To make sure there is no any hazards on the airstrip to make sure the land and takeoff happen on time acceding to the timetable
- Training of Emergency Response team members
- Lead the Emergency Response team to the rescue event
- Provide basic training related to Evacuation Plan, emergency exits, PPEs to employees, contract workers and suppliers
- Act as duty officer as part of a 24-hour duty system, responding to emergency situations as they arise
- Perform related duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor
- Fire Warden Rescue training from recognized institute in Tanzania,
- Rescue Certificate III (BG 4, Fire Rescue, Rope Rescue and Road Crash),
- Shore Water Rescue from a recognized Institution,
- Evidence on heat tolerance and work load training for consecutive three (3) years,
- First Aid (Level 1-3),
- Rope Rescue, Vehicle Rescue, Hazmat, SCBA, and Fire Fighting,
- Environmental Policy Awareness,
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness,
Experience and Competencies needed
- 3-5 years’ experience in Underground and Open Pit Mine,
- Tanzania Driving license,
- Experience on attending Aviation Activities,
- Three (3) Years’ experience in Water Body Rescue,
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th August, 2023.