Environmental Sustainability Coordinator at Aga Khan University
- Company: Aga Khan University
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Director, Campus Development- Tanzania, the Environmental Sustainability Coordinator will be responsible for environmental oversight of the Arusha site working towards a center of excellence for sustainability.
This position will be based in Arusha, Tanzania.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Support carbon accounting and related reporting for all activities such as tree planting, natural growth and other related activities.
- Gathering information for various site activities leading towards an Environmental Sustainability Center.
- Writing reports and proposal for various initiatives towards a center of excellence.
- Research International/Local educational institutions and baseline study of stakeholders and local communities that AKU can partner with to make this a reality. Also ascertain project impact over time.
- Propose and undertake feasibilities reduction and adaptation measures to reduce harmful environmental practices.
- Support the development of long-term strategic plan in the progression towards a center of excellence.
- Support design and construction for future green buildings.
- Support AKU’s environmental management activities specifically in developing institutional capacity for reporting and reducing activities producing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Establish the future sustainability performance management system.
- Support in the launch of the living laboratory, graduate school of environmental sciences and center of excellence
- Appropriate training and experience in Environmental Sustainability projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sustainability Sciences.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to communicate in both English and Kiswahili is required. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player – can work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Analytical, problem-solving skills and good oral and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment