Environmental Officer at TANROADS – Tanga
- Company: TANROADS – Tanga
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainlands Trunk and Regional Roads Network and Construction of Airports. Its primary functions include Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operations of Road Networks and Axle Load Control, Implementation of Road Safety and Environmental Measures, Provision of advice on strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS – Tanga on behalf of the Chief Executive is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following vacancies for Supervision of Handeni – Mafreta Road Project (20KM). The Vacant Posts are as listed hereunder;
Position Tittle: Environmental Officer
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields: Geography, Environmental Science and Management, Environmental Planning and Management, Geography and Environmental Studies, Environmental Laboratory Science and Technology or equivalent qualification from any recognized Institution
- Must have working experience of at least four (4) years in related field.
- Self motivated, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Must be fluent in Swahili and English languages; and
- Must be a Tanzanian citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct environmental research on road construction project;
- To Assess environmental management procedures for the road project;
- To conduct environmental impact assessments for road project; and
- To perform such other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Method of ApplicationAll Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than Monday,19th September, 2022 at 16:30 hours with their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV); Certified copies of all academic and professional certificates; birth certificates; names of three referees inclusive of former employer if any; applicants contact telephone numbers and postal address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and disciplines shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Application Letters should be submitted to;
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.0. Box 5021,
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 September 2022.