1 Feb 2021
Environmental Officer at Shanta Mining Company Limited
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Shanta Mining Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Environmental officer is accountable for assisting Environment Superintendent running environmental functions within the Shanta Mining Co. Ltd; ensures that environmental policies are well implemented, and environmental campaigns are effective, evaluating, planning and implementing environmental issues.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
Environmental Officer has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Execute developed environmental management plans, programs, and strategies on site.
- Plan environmental projects and provide reports on status and outcomes.
- Prepare written reports as required, briefs for projects and or services, and strategies, policies, and management plans.
- Assist in the coordination of field personnel to ensure works are completed to specified standards.
- Provide technical input into the development of environmental policies, guidelines, and procedures for the SMCL.
- Conduct the environmental incident reporting & incident investigation program.
- Oversee contractors and consultants as per the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensure monitoring programs of air quality, water quality, noise & vibration, meteorological, soil and biodiversity are maintained and undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate the dissemination of information and training of environmental management aspects for all employees.
- Provide input to Environment Superintendent into the development of environmental quality standards, guidelines, objectives, policies, procedures and/or legislation.
- Carryout inspections, conduct investigations, resolve conflict, and take appropriate action.
- Conduct monitoring projects in support of studies, programs, and the development of guidelines and standards.
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Science/Environment is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2- 3 years working experience in environmental management role in a large-scale operation preferably in the mining and extractive industry.
- Experience in the application of EHS management systems.
Must have knowledge of:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tanzanian and international regulatory framework for environmental management in general.
- Knowledge on ISO 14001 EMS implementation process
- Audit/EMS management systems
- NEMC registrations for Audit and EIA
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 February, 2021