Environmental Lead x2 at Tembo Nickel
- Company: Tembo Nickel
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kagera Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
ENVIRONMENTAL LEAD (2)-NGARA & KAHAMA
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit an Environmental Lead to join the Tembo Nickel Project Team. This is a senior role reporting to the Country Manager and the successful candidate is expected to lead Management of the Environmental Management System, water, air, ambient noise and vibration, and chemical management ensuring that environmental legal compliance, performance, and certification is sustained.
Duty Station-Tembo Nickel Project site-Ngara
Tembo Nickel Project site- Kahama
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead implementation of the company’s Air Quality, Water, Waste and Chemicals Management Standards.
- Drive the compliance with mine closure plan and other legal requirements.
- Develop the Environmental Management Plan (EMP) and Mine closure plan. Train all key stakeholders to ensure full compliance to the Tembo Nickel Environmental Management System.
- Lead in updating the EMP in compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Drive the implementation of the Environmental Management System to attain various environmental certification.
- Carry out evaluation of environmental compliance at a predetermined frequency.
- Engage with various environmental consultants to carry out external compliance reviews at a predetermined frequency.
- Oversee the implementation of plans of action to close all environmental non- compliant issues.
- Be the custodian of the Tembo Nickel environmental incidents register.
- Ensure Tembo Nickel secures environmental permits/licenses/approvals.
- Supervise the data collection exercise to ensuring QA/QC is followed.
- Oversee data analysis ensuring correct information is derived.
- Recommend and implement approved practical and cost-effective corrective and preventive measures to address exceedances found.
- Coordinate and participate in government, corporate and third-party environmental audits as well as drive internal environmental inspections and audits.
- Coordinate the implementation of agreed plans of action to address the findings in a timely manner.
- Identify new risks and timely update existing risk details in the risk management data base.
- Lead the reporting of incidents ensuring they are reported and uploaded in the incident database in a timely manner.
- Oversee the implementation of agreed corrective and preventive action.
- Ensure all staff and contractors are trained at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Liaise with environmental regulators to ensure that Tembo Nickel is in full compliance as per various environmental legislations in Tanzania.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences/Engineering, or any related field.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Management will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of environmental legislation in Tanzania is mandatory
- 5-8 years experience in a senior environmental Management role.
- Mining experience will be an added advantage.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email [email protected] or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge Application closing date is 5th August,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merit and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process. Women are strongly encouraged to Apply