Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Specialist at PHSRF
- Company: PHSRF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
PHSRF is a non-governmental organization that was founded on demand-driven reasons for saving lives of Tanzanians. Formed out of former Angaza Zaidi program, a countrywide HIV and AIDS prevention and sensitization program under USAID that was implemented since 2001, PHSRF has accumulated over 15 years of hands-on experience in implementing HIV and AIDS prevention, sensitization and awareness raising projects across the country. PHSRF is legally registered by the United Republic of Tanzania under the Non Governmental Organization ACT, 2002 with Registration Number ooNGO/R2/000103 .PHSRF is fast growing organization in managing Environmental Impact assessment in Tanzania
JOB TITLE: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive director
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
DURATION 1 year, renewable based on availability of funds and performances
Overall job functions
Manage and provide technical direction to EIA processes for the economic development activity projects such as hydropower facilities, roads, and extractive industries such as mining, oil, and gas.
Specific roles and responsibilities
- Manages the environmental impact assessment process for critical projects;
- Produces and consolidates reports that comply with the expectations of the clients and the regulations of authorities;
- Ensures that the nature of the projects is parallel to the requirements set by the regulatory authorities
- Prepares reports concerning development proposals and issues;
- Coordinates with Review Panel in facilitating, preparing and finalizing environmental assessments of planned projects;
- Ensures effective connection with participants and representatives to the environmental assessments;
- Prepares resources and strategic plans for the management and accomplishes environmental assessments;
- Drafts procedures and manifestos regarding the environmental impact assessment process;
- Support the project teams which may be comprised of different field experts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Masters degree in Environmental Management, Natural Resources Management, Ecology, Biology, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant EIA experience, preferably in Tanzania.
- MUST be duly certified and registered to conduct environmental Impact Assessment in Tanzania
- MUST have conducted more than 4 (FOUR) EIA projects
- Practical experience measuring, monitoring, and evaluating environmental impacts; designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating environmental management plans and related mitigation measures; designing, implementing, and monitoring of offsets; and training and capacity building in environmental impact assessment.
- In-depth experience in environmental analysis of hydropower, road infrastructure, mining, and oil and gas extraction.
- Technically conversant in environmental, social, and economic cost/benefit analysis; managing and monitoring protected areas, biological corridors, and/or biodiversity offsets; and corporate social responsibility
- Excellent report writing skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV only via email:
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES
Closing Dates: 30th September 2020