Environmental Consultant at Digby Wells Environmental
- Company: Digby Wells Environmental
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Digby Wells Environmental, a service provider to the resources industry, is looking for a candidate for the above position in our Dar es Salaam office.
We are looking for a dynamic Environmental Consultant to join our team. The perfect candidate will be an organised and detailed person who is able to project manage and carry out administration on environmental projects in accordance with budget, time and quality standards. You must want to learn and be part of a great team of scientists.
• Effectively project manage and administrate the environmental legislative processes applicable to the country for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts projects.
• Effectively project manage and administrate the following:
• Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) according to the environmental legislation.
• Waste Permitting.
• Environmental authorisation processes.
• EIA and EMP report writing.
• Mining Applications.
• Working in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines.
• Liaising with clients and authorities.
• Compile and write reports for submission to the client and necessary authorities.
• Carry out legal audits with regards to relevant legislation.
• Assist with the administration in terms of public participation meetings, consultations and stakeholder engagement projects.
• A degree in Environmental Science/ Management.
• A Project Management certification would be advantageous.
• Must be certified by the National Environmental Management Council of Tanzania.
• 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrable experience in Social Impact Assessments, Resettlement Planning or related field.
• Previous international experience would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of Applicable Environmental and Mining legislation.
• Knowledge of IFC and World bank principles would be preferable.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Must have excellent report writing skills.
• Communication skills (verbal and written).
• Strong ability to network with clients.
• Able to work in a team and independently.
• Strong administration skills.
• Project Management skills.
• Must be in possession of a valid passport and drivers’ licence or be prepared to get one within the first six months.
• Willing to travel throughout Africa and elsewhere, as the need arises.
• Ability to build and maintain a strong network of relationships.
• Must align to the Company’s values.