Environmental and safety Controller at AB InBev
- Company: AB InBev
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
The primary function of the Safety and Environment Manager is to provide the plant with a comprehensive and professional environment and occupational health and safety system. Ensuring compliance to safety and environment systems, standards and work practices to achieve targets set for the VPO environment and safety pillars as well as the environment and safety KPI’s.
The Safety and Environment Manager shall ensure that mandatory legislative requirements are achieved at the plant level.
Maintain safe healthy and risk free working environment
- Ensure safety, healthy & environmental legislation compliance
- Ensure compliance the VPO Standards for the environment and safety pillars
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
Manage Human Resources
- Develop employees based on identified needs through OPR sessions
- Ensure a healthy industrial relations climate
- Manage technical pipeline for key roles in safety and environment team.
- Support apprenticeship and artisan development for site
Leads the management and implementation of the Safety and Environment VPO Pillars in the plant and associated wet depots / warehouses
- Ensure requirements of all 23 Blocks of the Safety Pillar are implemented
- Performs Safety and Environment monitoring and audits
- Performs regular VPO Safety and environment Pillars’ audits and reviews using the Pillar Questionnaires
- Performs legal Compliance Audit and addresses any gaps that are identified
Monitors and analyses leading and lagging Safety and Environment KPI’s and implements interventions to improve
- Ensures all Safety and environment Incidents and Observations are captured and reported in Credit360
- Manage the problem solving process to ensure all Safety and environment/accidents are captured and reported in Credit360 and escalated as per VPO requirements
- Ensures all efficient and effective problem solving and implementation of loop closure for all Safety and environment/accidents reported in Cr360 as per VPO requirements.
- Ensures optimum use of Safety App or equivalent system to raise Safety and environment Incidents and Observations
- Performs Loss and waste analysis on Safety and environment Incident and Observations.
- Develops an action plan to close SIO’s based on priority
- Performs safety and environment monitoring using the Supervisor or Managers Check Lists
Leads the safety and environment strategies as per VPO-Safety and environment Pillars
- Implement Behavioural Safety Program at all levels
- Implement focused safety and environment interventions for critical/priority blocks
- Apply relevant Safety and environment Standards & SOPs
- Develops and coordinate Safety and environment Investment Programme
- Implement Safety and Environment VPO and associated GOP’s
- Manage progress according to glide paths set and agreed
- Implement E&S Dashboards and sustain derived improvements
Manage small Safety and Environment site Capex Projects
- Mange Safety and environment requirements during Projects execution
- Project completion on time and in budget
- Ensure safety and environment compliance of all new equipment during commissioning
Manage financial performance
- Manage ZBB and CAPEX budgeting process for Safety and Environment
- Control departmental costs
- Review financial results
- Manage and maximize By-product revenue
Manage Safety and Environment Pillar knowledge and awareness
- Leads organises and participates in World Safety and environment Day/Week and other planed safety and environment awareness activities
- Shares relevant safety and environment alerts with operational teams
- Mandatory training provided to all employees to ensure as per VPO Safety and Environment Pillar VPO
- Train all TL’s and UM’s on department-specific safety & environment requirements
- Ensure effective induction, training and awareness for new employee, service providers and Contractor S
- Identify environment and safety legal training needs, arrange and co-ordinate training program
Business Continuity & Risk Management
- Develop and standardize system emergency and disaster recovery (BCP) plans for plant
- Develops and implements approaches to mitigate obsolescence
- Ensure sharing of best practices for Safety and environment management
- Ensures implementation of Ammonia Process, Steam Process, Dust Process and Electrical Process Safety Management programs.
- Develops, prioritizes and implements recommendations arising from all insurance audits including GRC
Manage Safety and Environment, Upholding (UPP) and Cost CAPEX portfolios
- Ensure a 3 year plan exists for:
- Maintenance and replacement of Plant Equipment across Sites.
- Maintenance and replacement of C&A infrastructure due to obsolescence.
- 3 year appropriate tertiary qualification, i.e.
- B Tech: Mech or Electrical
- BSc Mech or Electrical
- BSc Environmental Science
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods environment.
- Band: VIII
ABInBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.