Environment Specialist at Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
- Company: Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
ADVERTISEMENT FOR JOB VACANCIES
Tanzania Mentors Action (TMA) is the local non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) registered under the Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) with registration number ooNGO/R2/000156. TMA goal is to improve community life through strengthening service delivery systems. Our interventions are streamlined in five major thematic areas of health, education, environment, agriculture, and cooperatives. TMA works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG), donor’s agencies (USAID, UKAID, World Bank, etc.), civil society, community based and faith-based organization, academic institutions and others. Currently, TMA is providing Mentoring to both public and private sector on the improvements of its systems for better provision of service delivery.
TMA is currently seeking experienced, committed, and motivated individuals to fill in different vacant positions as per mentioned below.
Job Title: Environment Specialist (1 position)
Reporting: HOD Programs and Operation
Duties and Responsibilities of Environment Specialist
- Develop and recommend solutions to eliminate pollution and environmental hazards.
- Perform research and report findings on the current environmental conditions.
- Implement spill prevention programs and hazardous waste regulations.
- Be able to develop supervision tools to manage beekeeping project effectively
- Raise and care for TMA honeybee colonies, rresponsible for building and maintaining beehives, inducting wild swarms, collecting honey and royal jelly, removing hive parasites and maintaining the health of the hive.
- Sterilize or destroy hives and cultivate queen bees for commercial purposes.
- Assembling beehives to desired specifications.
- Insert honeycombs and induct wild swarms into prepared beehives.
- Forcing bees from a hive using a smoke pot to inspect the hive and retrieve honey.
- He or should also have experience in ccollecting honey and royal jelly.
- Destroying excess queen bee cells to prevent the division of a colony.
- Scraping out hive parasites and removing vermin.
- Destroying diseased bee colonies.
- Cultivating queen bees for sale to other Apiarists.
- Arranging the sale of honey to local and international
- Splitting colonies.
Qualifications and Skills of Environment Specialist
- A degree in beekeeping, or forest from recognized university will be added advantage.
- Proven work experience as a Beekeeper.
- Excellent knowledge of plant and animal biology.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Basic woodworking skills.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Method of ApplicationPlease submit your cover letter (1 page), updated CV (maximum 4 pages) and contact information for three references, not later than 22nd February 2022 before 5.00pm to [email protected]
Application should be sent through email only and should note the position title as the subject line for example: “Finance Mentor”
All application later should be address to Chief Executive Officer, Tanzania Mentors Action, BOX 4278, Dodoma.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
TMA is an equal opportunity employer; women, youth, People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Hard copies, personal visits or phone calls to this office are discouraged.
NOTE: All documents should be in pdf format