Engineer (Electrical) at Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
- Company: Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC) synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu” was formally established on the 14th December 1985 through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS).
TATC seeks to recruit intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 20 vacant posts mentioned below:-
ENGINEER II (ELECTRICAL) – 1 POST
Reports to: Chief Technical Service (Maintenance) Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct design of engineering system components and maintenance tools.
- To undertake preventive and breakdown maintenance of machine tools, material handling equipments, motor vehicles and other facilities.
- To prepare weekly job loading and ensure timely completion of maintenance, repair and installation works.
- To repair the Centre’s assets (machineries, equipments and facilities) and ensure their continual operation.
- To prepare “requests for repair” forms for works to be subcontracted.
- To conduct diagnostic analysis of failure components.
- To advise on modification or innovation of failure components for improved performance.
- To select materials and components to suit particular maintenance application; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- A holder of Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution. Must be registered by Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as Graduate Engineer.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
Method of ApplicationApplication letter should be written in Swahili or English.
Application should be sent to the undersigned not later than 12nd August, 2021 at 4.00 PM
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha, PWANI.
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service.