Engineer 2 – UG Geotech at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – UG Geotech
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role exists to provide technical input to support the geotechnical framework component for managing geotechnical risks arising from underground mining activities to acceptable levels. In this role you will assist in the acquisition of quality geotechnical data collection, analysis and interpretation as well as ensuring that ground support and void risk mitigations are undertaken on an ongoing basis using the available systems and resources.
- Undergraduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology, or any other related field
- At least 2 to 5 years of geotechnical or engineering geology experience in Underground Mining environments
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safety is our first value. Candidate will be accountable for assisting in identifying and ranking the risks in your work area and for your team.
- Adhere to workplace inspection and task observation schedule.
Underground geotechnical and void data collection
- Assist in the timely collection of underground geotechnical and void data from various sources and ensuring that collected data meets the required quality standards. Incumbent will assist to ensure proper data collection for investigating ground conditions and underground workings is current.
- Provide support in timely validation, analysis, and interpretation of all geotechnical and void data and for generating, reconciling, and updating of 3D geotechnical models of ground conditions and underground workings.
Ground support and underground workings risk mitigation
- Support assessment of the risks posed by poor ground conditions and presence of underground workings to the working benches and for generating and timely communication of ground support requirements and safe access control boundaries in the affected areas. Incumbent will also be accountable for aiding in monitoring the implementation of the mitigation measures to ensure compliance to required standards.
Fall of ground and void risk awareness
- Review relevance and status of training material used in the fall of ground and void inductions and timely communicate identified fall of ground and void hazards.
Training of Underground Geotechnicians
- Assess skills gap of support technicians regarding underground and void management and for designing and implementing appropriate training programs to close the identified skills gaps in a timely manner.
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and database software packages.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Able to drive and hold a current Tanzanian Driver’s License.
- Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact with Planning and Production personnel.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd March , 2022.