Engagement Manager, Nature for Water Facility at Nature Conservancy
- Company: Nature Conservancy
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The location of this position is flexible to all locations where The Nature Conservancy is registered to do business. North America (Canada, United States), Europe (Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom), Africa (Angola, Gabon, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania), Latin America (Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru), and the Caribbean (The Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, USVI).
WHO WE ARE
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply – we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, “you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.”
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
Housed within The Nature Conservancy’s Resilient Watersheds Strategy, the Nature for Water Facility (‘N4W’) is a technical assistance platform that provides hand-in-hand support to local champions seeking to develop watershed investment programs. N4W aims to support 40-60 place-based engagements globally over four years via a mixture of pro-bono and fee-for-service partnerships. For additional background on the program please see the About, Services, and Portfolio sections of the N4W website.
The Engagement Manager, in partnership with a Science Manager, is responsible for the overall success of place-based projects undertaken by N4W. Engagement Managers also lead all commercial, economic, stakeholder, and governance analysis related to watershed investment programs. A high degree of independence and leadership is expected from this role, which includes ample near-term growth opportunities for motivated candidates joining this dynamic team.
The Engagement Manager position reports to the N4W Director. The position is full-time, fully remote, and is available in geographies where TNC is registered as a Non-government Organization and established employer in North America (Canada, United States), Europe (Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom), Africa (Angola, Gabon, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania), Latin America (Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru), and the Caribbean (The Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, USVI).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Engagement Manager, in partnership with a Science Manager, leads project teams composed of a Local Lead, Analyst(s), and Subject Matter Experts, to support the establishment and delivery of watershed investment programs in variety of geographic contexts. The Engagement Manager leads multiple concurrent teams and is responsible for deliverables including landscape pre-feasibility analyses, business case / Return on Investment (ROI) assessments, governance structure evaluations, sustainable funding strategies, and long-term strategic plans. Furthermore, this position will assist with client origination efforts including partnership development and defining related scopes of work.
Ideal candidates will have professional backgrounds in project finance or management consultancy as well as sectoral experience within water, agriculture, and/or climate change. Prior working knowledge of watershed Nature-based Solutions (NbS), as well as related practices such Agricultural Best Management Practices, Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD), and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) is desired.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Driving determination of project scope.
- Mobilizing and managing multidisciplinary teams of internal and external experts to deliver projects against defined timelines and scope.
- Identifying and engaging key actors and diverse stakeholders.
- Developing financial and economic appraisals (including related financial modeling) and communicating results across a variety of audiences / payers.
- Synthesizing high-quality research and analysis that combines technical, social, environmental, institutional, financial, and economic elements.
- Assessing ecosystem services benefits and conducting costing of watershed investment programs that rely on Nature-based Solutions to drive water security outcomes.
- Presenting outputs in stakeholder and/or client meetings, publications, and conference settings.
- Collaborating with Facility knowledge management staff to develop thought leadership publications.
Frequent domestic and/or international travel (expected 30%).
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, political science, international development or related field and at least 4 years professional experience, or equivalent combination.
- Experience leading complex projects or strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment.
- Background in commercial evaluation of business models / project structuring, including financial modeling capabilities.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives, and managing performance of teams and/or direct reports.
- Professional language competency in English required (both oral and written).
- 3+ years of professional experience in project finance, capital markets, or management consultancy.
- Graduate degree in an appropriate field including (but not limited to) Business, Environmental or Natural Resource Economics, or Environmental Management.
- Proficiencies in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swahili.
- Experience in NbS project design and implementation.
- Self-motivated and self-driven, with the ability to work independently and deliver tasks at the level of expected quality, with appropriate supervision or guidance.
- An energetic problem-solver who is open-minded with multi-perspective views on international development, natural resource management, infrastructure delivery, governance systems and water policy.
- A team player who is productive working in a collaborative, multi-cultural and inter-disciplinary environment with the ability to analyze and synthesize technical information across disciplines.
- The earnest desire to contribute towards making the world a better place, and belief that a small group of committed and hard-working individuals can have a significant impact.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE