Energy Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – ENERGY MANAGER – FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: ENERGY MANAGER
Direct Reports: DEPUTY LOGISTICS COORDINATOR / LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics activities in the mission related to electricity and energy supply according to MSF protocols and standards to ensure an optimal running of the mission.
- In collaboration with the deputy Logistics Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator, planning, establishing and reviewing the electrical activities in the mission, including its annual budget, to identify and give a response to the mission needs and the targeted population.
- Monitoring and ensuring the implementation of the electrical activity in the projects ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinators on the development of the ongoing programmes. This entails the following:
- Ensuring that the electrical installations in the project are up to the level of the Technical Department, prioritizing personnel and equipment security and optimization of energy consumption based on real filed needs.
- Providing a technical proposal to improve the installations and bring them up to the level recommended by the Technical Department.
- Guaranteeing the setup of the recommendations and establishing the electrical records for the mission in order to ensure the compliance of the installations to said recommendations e.g. power demand analysis and working principle of the installation.
- Ensuring technical support for his area of activity and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description.
- Identifying, defining and implementing solutions and strategies that reduce the environmental footprint of the electrical installations in the mission. These strategies englobe not only technical solutions but also how the electrical installations are used, maintained and managed. The main objective of reducing the environmental footprint entails energy efficiency, reducing the carbon dioxide emissions, a proper waste management and the use of sustainable and adapted solutions according to the context.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential technical diploma or technical university degree preferably as an engineer
- Essential in energy / electricity management (minimum 2 years) in similar position with similar responsabilities
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs and desirable understanding of MSF activities in general
- Knowledge of global planetary health challenges and objectives with practical experiences
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili (speak, read and write)
Competences and main skills:
o Essential computer literacy (word, excel and power point)
o Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, organisational skills, flexibility, stress and time management
o Strategical thinking, results and quality orientation, planning and organization, initiative and innovation
o Adhesion to MSF principles and MSF charter
o Willingness for working and evolving with international and diverse team members
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday June 16th 2022 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “ENERGY MANAGER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected] . The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted