Enabling Environment Specialist at Chemonics International Inc.
- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics seeks an Enabling Environment Specialist for the anticipated 5-year, $10-25 million USAID-funded Tanzania Heshimu Bahari (Marine Biodiversity) Activity which will acquire technical and grant management services that support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and fisheries management at all levels; and iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making to implement proven marine biodiversity threat reduction approaches in Tanzania.
The Enabling Environment Specialist will be responsible for project activities focused on engaging with relevant governmental ministries, and private sector representatives to develop and implement policies that facilitate greater conservation and improve Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and fisheries in Tanzania. This position will be based in Tanzania. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Assess the current regulatory environment as it relates to increasing conversation and enforcing compliance;
- Develop and implement updated regulatory recommendations through engaging in policy reform discussions with organizations, associations, and policy makers;
- Provide technical assistance to stakeholders to analyze, consult on, draft, revise, finalize and/or implement reforms;
- Support partner organizations in strategic planning, improving provision of services to the public and businesses (for government institutions) and to members (for associations);
- Facilitate policy dialogues and forums to engage government and private sector partners in identifying required reforms that would lead to a greater compliance, and support in developing legal reform tools and advocacy for their adoption.
An advanced degree in law, marine biology, or related field is preferred
- A strong understanding of the legal frameworks governing conservation management best practices
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience of professional experience in administrative and public sector reforms in Tanzania and region
- Demonstrated familiarity with Tanzania’s operating environment including extensive work with public private partnerships
- Familiarity with the Tanzanian policy and regulatory framework in the areas of conservation, planning, and marine life
- Expertise in various segments of local government reforms: inter-municipal cooperation, regional development, and public-private partnerships
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with policy makers at all levels of the government and successfully leading major initiatives in institutional reform, capacity building, and/or legal reform at the national and local level
- Previous experience working in Africa, with particular knowledge and experience working in Tanzania preferred
- Strong Swahili and English language skills (oral and written) preferred
- Strong communication skills inter-personal competencies for building professional relationships
- Applicants local to Tanzania are encouraged to apply
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by March 14th, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February , 2022.