Electrician at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit underground Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on specified electrical equipment.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Complete modifications to electrical equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Electrical trade certificate – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Ordinary/Advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Valid driving license for light Vehicle, UTV machine
- 5 Years’ experience on industrial electrical
- Underground mining experience is added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literate in the Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ELECTRICIAN“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com