Electrical Technician at Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy (Uchumi wa Kati) by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows:
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (1 Post).
- He/she shall have to install, connect, maintain, and repair electrical equipment such as switches, switchboards, electrical circuits using tools as required. The person shall be reporting to the Head of Factory. Posted on mabumbe website
Duties and responsibilities of Electrical Technician:
- Ensure reliability of all company’s electrical equipment and systems;
- Operate and maintain electrical equipment (transformers, switch gears, motors etc.) of power generation of the company;
- Identify, analyze and offer solutions to address electrical problems;
- Generate daily or weekly report for operations and maintenance of electrical equipment in the company;
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements and standard procedures;
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical controls and instruments throughout the company;
- Advice the management on continued use of unsuitable equipment appliances;
- Ordering of electrical supplies and equipment;
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency; and
- To carry out any other lawful work related duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications and experience:
- Holder of Trade Test certificate or full technician Certificate in Domestic Electrical installation or equivalent coupled with provable on job training;
- Must have a strong analytical skills; and
- Have three (3) years working experience as electrical Technician in a reputable Organization and preferably the Industrial sector.
Salaries and other Fringe Benefits for all these posts will be as per Mkulazi Salary Scales and Structures and in accordance with the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service of the company, 2019.
- ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION AND POSSES AN ORDINARY CERTIFICATE OR AN ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION OR ITS EQUIVALENT AND SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE 45 YEARS OF AGE.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED, P.O BOX 1079, MOROGORO. Deadline 7 June, 2020