Electrical Specialist -Trainer at Sandvik
- Company: Sandvik
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Electrical Specialist – Trainer
We currently have opportunities for qualified technicians to join our team as Underground Electrical Specialist – Trainer based in North Mara Gold Mine – Located in Tanzania.
The opportunity is well suited for those with strong customer-centric and technical support experience for Sandvik underground drill and Electrical equipment. You will be a key member of an established team and drive the reliability and availability of the underground mining electrical component while supporting a zero-harm safety culture.
The opportunity will see you :
- To be a Safety Leader at all times.
- Installation and repairs the electrical fire suppression systems
- Repairs to all components brought to workshop i.e., cylinders etc.
- Prepare and provide daily reports to site supervisors as per job records
- Evaluation of components for forward planning
- Root Cause & Failure analysis and reports of components
- Recommend and or develop product or process changes to improve equipment performance or to better meet customer’s needs.
- Prioritize and schedule follow up services / maintenance plans
- Helping the Customer in proper Maintenance planning and ensuring that all planned works are executed according to required Standards both Engineering and Safety.
- Ensure all filing(history) is up to date and managed correctly
- Conduct Safety and Housekeeping in the workshops, and all surrounding work area.
- Offer Practical Hands-on Training for the Sandvik Team as well as the Clients Team, whom you are working with. Keep records and provide reports on training program needs and performance.
- Perform duties as per required standards and adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures including those in relations to Safety, Health, Environment, Quality & Community Relations.
To be successful in this position you must be trade qualified or have similar qualifications disciplined in mechanical, electrical and hydraulics systems.
You will have extensive experience in a similar role in the underground mining industry with a minimum of seven years’ experience maintaining Sandvik underground drill and electrical equipment. Importantly, you will have a strong understanding of underground drilling and electrical machine operating principles and practices combined with deep working knowledge of the Sandvik product range.
In addition to your expert technical knowledge, you will have good communication and customer service skills and the ability to build long term relationships. Training experience or qualifications will be looked upon favorably. Our vision of zero-harm for our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers, is shared by you.
What is in it for you?
- A globally competitive salary with benefits including site and travel allowances.
- All required work permits and visas
- Options for roster including 9:3 or residential.
- Versatile and interesting tasks in international business environment, as well as the opportunity to develop your own professional skills and career.
- Be part of a country leader that is shaping the future of the Mining Industry in sustainable ways.
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group with approximately 44,000 employees and sales in about 150 countries. We have a strong focus on enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability through our unique expertise and solutions for the manufacturing, mining, and infrastructure industries. Our offering covers their value chains and is based on extensive investments in research and development, customer insights and a deep knowledge of industrial processes and digital solutions.
We have a long history of ethical and responsible business conduct, which has played a significant role in the global success of our company for 160 years. We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner, are committed to creating safe and healthy workplaces and delivering the industry’s safest products and services.
We are proud to shape the future of our industry in close collaboration with our customers and partners. We believe in an inclusive, equal, and open-minded culture, and we nurture our diversities to form a solid foundation for achieving great results.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26th September, 2023.