Electrical, Instrumentation and Power Plant Manager at TPC Ltd
- Company: TPC Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
TPC Ltd is one of the most respected sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic candidates to fill vacant position in the Factory Department.
POST: Electrical, Instrumentation and Power Plant Manager (1 Post)
Reports to the Factory Executive Officer
Core Job Description:
To assist the Factory Executive Officer in efficient running of the day- to-day operations related to electricity and instrumentation in the sugar factory, the power plant, the distribution to irrigation network, the export of electricity to the National grid and any new projects, to ensure achievement of production, consumption and budget targets.
- Achievement of production targets at required efficiency levels abiding by safety, quality and environmental norms.
- To ensure sufficient development of staff, including succession plans, for of all levels of subordinate staff in order to safeguard continuous efficient operation of section in the event of any expected/unexpected staff movements.
- To adopt a continuous improvement approach to all aspects (Operations, Assets, People) of the section as well as on electricity consumption and production over the entire Estate.
- To report to the Factory Executive on regular basis on the progress and difficulties encountered by Heads of Sections (HOS) under his/her responsibility to meet their targets.
- To support Factory Executive with necessary technical advice if and when required.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- Should demonstrate ability to Good technical skills, such as rotating-equipment vibration analysis and ability to troubleshoot control and instrument systems.
- Proven experience in a managerial role within a factory.
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical challenges with innovative solutions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and planning skills including exposure to finance/administrative aspects of a factory.
- Ideally some experience on quality standards, e.g. IS05001, 14000 etc
- Proven aptitude for people development
- High level of computer literacy including exposure to SCADA type systems and PLC’s
- Exposure to automation and digitalization initiatives in a factory environment.
Degree in Electrical Engineering or in any related fields from a recognized institution. Formal electrical (or relevant) engineering educational background paramount (steam turbo alternators and ancillary equipment, operation, maintenance, and control system). A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience working in Africa would be a great plus, Sugar experience ideal but not necessary; relevant experience in similar industry is vital
We appreciate in advance receiving applications from interested candidates, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you do not hear from us within 21 days from the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.