Electrical Engineer at Unilever
- Company: Unilever
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Proper Maintenance of Company Electrical Assets on Power Distribution and ensure Safety of People and Equipment from Electrical and Lightning on all ekaterra Tea Tanzania (eTT) Buildings.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To lead the electrical team in power generation and distribution. Ensure uninterrupted power supply for factories, estates, irrigation, and all field equipment. Lead safety programs (Electrical and Lightning), continuous improvement, capex, and maintenance programmes for all electrical installations.
Power Generation and Distribution
- Manage all Power generation and distribution facilities (MV and LV powerlines, powerhouses, switchgears, Transformers, Power distribution panels etc.
- Develop and Implement safety inspection procedures and standards on electrical equipment and machines
- Carry out regular audits as laid down in defined standards.
- Ensure Permit to Work system is followed for all high-risk tasks.
- Measure and store power generation, distribution & Consumption statistics.
- Prepare and execute maintenance schedules for all power generation and distribution facilities
- Monitor energy usage efficiency and keep up to date records.
Factories & Units support
- Develop and implement all maintenance programmes for Electrical installations, machinery and equipment
- Come up with improvements, technology changes and electrical standards to units
- Carry out audits for the business compliance with all legislation on electrical standards
- Carry out annual data analysis within factories and implement remedial measures to rectify anomalies
- Advice on installation of new processes & machinery within the business
- Be aware of technological changes within irrigation field and propose improvements for approval
- Lead the training of irrigation pumps operators on safe and efficient operations.
- Develop critical electrical spares list required for annual maintenance. Ensure spares are ordered and received in a timely manner.
- Ensure irrigation infrastructure and systems are well maintained and fully available.
- Lead electrical technician workshop, prepare technicians workplans, KPIs and mentor their productivity.
- Ensure Better Transformer maintenance programs and management.
Workshop Support Services
- Lead the efficient operation of the Electrical Workshop.
- Ensure all workshop tools are available and well maintained
- Carry out monthly portable tools checks – both individual and shared tools.
- Lead the testing of any motors that fail before and after they are taken for rewinding
- Lead the inspection and approval of motor rewinding workshops used in the company
Lightning Protection and Earthing Systems
- Ensure Lightning Detection System is working all the time.
- Ensure all earthing points are numbered and positively identified for testing and maintenance.
- Ensure all evacuation sheds are properly maintained according to Standard Operating procedure on Lightning Safety
- Make professional maintenance schedule for all electrical equipment
- Ensure professional maintenance of all equipment is done as per schedule and record on preventive maintenance sheets
- Maintenance schedules to include buildings, power generation & distribution facilities, lightning arrestors and earthing systems, irrigation equipment, etc.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Responsible for fault-finding and problem solving for engineering / operational problems in his area by ensuring that the appropriate corrective action regarding any deviation from standards is taken.
- Identifies the major engineering losses in his area and investigates using WCM problem solving methodology.
- Capability to develop and lead cross functional teams to deliver Business needs on electrical engineering.
- Manage day to day matters of the Electrical section including training and developing staff
- Advice factories management monthly on the status of the electrical bills versus consumption
- Monitor, coach, develop and oversee subordinates in achieving departmental tasks and ensuring objectives are fully achieved within time, cost, quality & Safety parameters
- Participates in strategic engineering plans to deliver maintenance and breakdown reduction benefits.
- Come up with electrical designs for projects as necessary
- Manage delegated projects within specifications, time, cost, Safety and quality parameters
- Liaise effectively with contractors/consultants
- Issue regular progress & cost reports on delegated projects
- Accurately maintain all drawings and specifications
- Ensure compliance of all safety standards
Technical Training and Development
- Take lead in self-professional development
- Plan and execute regular electrical engineering skills training for artisans under his/her charge
- Be aware of new technologies and systems.
- Identify training needs and develop staff under him/her
Support for Units
- Lead the development of process controls in factories
- Be the contact point for process control best practice and standards
- Identify Process control, critical spares, and materials supply chain: provision of materials specifications, propose stocking policies for approval by line manager, propose preferred suppliers for electrical equipment for approval and Lead the specification of Materials and services.
- Establish all process control instrumentation specifications
Knowledge based on the following areas.
- Manpower training, management, and assessment.
- WCM Implementation and Tools.
- Maintenance scheduling and planning of Industrial power supply and generation systems.
- Modern and Efficient Energy Technology.
- Project Management.
- Energy Management.
- BSc. Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Registration with Engineers Board of Tanzania (ERB)/Institution of Engineers of Tanzania (IET) as a Professional engineer.
- At minimum 3 years of experience preferably in industrial engineering setting /MV power generation and distribution/Plant maintenance.
- Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE