Education Technology Coordinator at Aga Khan Education Service
- Company: Aga Khan Education Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
The Coordinator’s primary task is to advise and assist faculty with the instructional design and development of classes, courses, and programs. This includes the refinement of instructional objectives, the selection of appropriate assessment tools and instructional strategies, the successful integration of technology, the acquisition and development of on-line resources, and the delivery of instructional materials in both traditional and on-line environments.
The Coordinator also needs to be well organized, detail oriented, a self-starter, a trouble-shooter and have wel established consulting skills and other tasks include training faculty with instructional technology tools, offering statistical support for research, providing advice and assistance, amongst other duties.
- Advising the administrative and teaching staff about curriculum development and use of material and equipment
- Plan and organize teacher training program that would enhance with classroom procedures and teaching strategies
- Carry out tests to measure the effectiveness of the curriculum and ensure that the program objectives are being met
- Ensure that the teaching staff are working efficiently and recommend certain changes if required that could strengthen their teaching skills
- Update the current curriculum after a certain period to ensure that teachers and students are technologically current
- To support Information and Communication Technology by improving the learning and teaching environment and make the learning and teaching process easy.
- Facilitate the implementation of Global Learning Management System for AKES schools in Tanzania.
Applicants should have the following qualification and experience:
- Master’s Degree in ICT and Program Implementation/Execution.
- At least 5 years’ experience in education technology/ eLearning in a school environment
- Good understanding, experience and knowledge in software and hardware networks,
- Must be critical thinker and problem-solver with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
Method of ApplicationApplicants should send a letter of application and detailed Curriculum Vitae and contact information of three confidential referees, including current Head of School or Line Manager.
It should be addressed to HR – Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania, e-mail to [email protected] or mail to P.O.Box 125, Dar es Salaam. Please ensure you include an email address and contact telephone number. Closing date for applications: 26 February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network