Education Specialist at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Role and responsibilities
- Develop Education strategy, technical SOPs, and Macro LFAs in line with NRC Programme Policy and national and international standards, and in coordination with other Core Competences
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education CC implementation, and incorporate them in Education CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Provide technical support to the Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) in Kakuma which is scaling up and Dadaab which has been ongoing.
- Engage with KICD (Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development) for the development of an AEP curriculum aligned to the new competency-based curriculum
- Strengthening of the Education Technology (Ed-Tech) project in Dadaab and support the Kakuma team integrate Ed-Tech into their AEP
- In collaboration with VSOs, support the alignment of TIC (Teachers in Crisis Context) training modules with the Primary Teachers Education (PTE) modules
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and market based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or Advisor of humanitarian/ recovery education programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs environments
- Proven expertise in Education (formal, non-formal and informal) with particular focus of complex programme with out of schoolchildren, youth.
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- University degree or higher education relevant to education and / or social science assignment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
See the detailed information in the attached Job Description.
Reports to: Head of Programme
Supervision of: None
Duty station: Nairobi, with frequent travels to areas of operations
Travel: up to 50 %
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC, we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
Click this email to contact the recruitment team; quote the full name of the advert on your subject line. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st June, 2023.