ECTAD Programme Operations Assistant at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) through the funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is implementing a programme “Supporting the Global Health Security Agenda to address Zoonotic Disease and Animal Health in Africa”. The programme has been implemented since 2016 primarily supporting the Government of Tanzania especially the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries for Tanzania Mainland and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock for Tanzania Zanzibar to enhance capacities to deal with endemic, emerging and re-emerging zoonotic diseases along four strategic objectives, which include Zoonotic Diseases, National Laboratory Systems, Biosafety and Biosecurity Systems, Antimicrobial Resistant and Workforce Development.
ECTAD Programme Operations Assistant will work under the overall supervision of FAO Representative and direct supervision of the ECTAD Team Leader; the functional and administrative supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative and ECTAD National Operations Officer in Tanzania, and in collaboration with the ECTAD Regional Operations Officer in Nairobi and in FAO HQ.
As part of the activities of the FAO Emergency Center for Transboundary Animal Diseases (FAO-ECTAD) in Tanzania, ECTAD Programme Operations Assistant will support the provision of financial, administrative and logistics to ensure that general operations of the programme in the country is carried out efficiently and effectively.
Tasks and responsibilities
The ECTAD Programme Operations Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
• Providing day-to-day operational support to ECTAD field projects in Tanzania contributing to the implementation of an effective GHSA and ECTAD Associated projects
• Assist timely delivery of the necessary inputs and logistics support consistent with the planned project work plans, detailed field activity plans and procurement plans;
• Verify availability of funds under all ECTAD Projects; ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent.
• Organize for review all ECTAD projects, administrative and financial documents for submission to ECTAD Team Leader’s clearance and FAO Representative approval;
• Prepare draft field Budget Authorizations (FBAs) for submission to the ECTAD National Operations Officer for review and support management and monitoring of all FBAs.
• Support preparation of draft contracts and Letters of Agreement (LOAs) and follow on submission of LOA reports from Service Providers and ensure timely payments;
• Prepare draft ECTAD projects procurement plans according to the project work plans, initiate procurement actions by raising relevant Procurement Requests (PR) in GRMS and make necessary follow up with the procurement team;
• In collaboration with technical officers, prepare draft inputs/goods distribution plans and ensure physical delivery of project inputs to beneficiaries;
• Ensure that assets procured for ECTAD projects are properly registered, insured, maintained and safeguarded and appropriate inventory reports are timely and regularly forwarded to ECTAD Operations Officer and AFAOR Administration;
• Make necessary arrangements for incoming and outgoing missions, including security clearances, entry visas, flights and hotel bookings; handle the organization and logistics of conferences, meetings, workshops and study tours.
• Prepare ECTAD Programme draft financial monitoring reports, project work plans, interim and final financial reports;
• Maintain ECTAD Project updated personnel records and other office administrative files;
• Consolidate monthly attendance sheets and ensure timely posting of attendance data into the GRMS, maintain project personnel leave plans and updated personnel mission status register;
• Prepare project routine correspondences of administrative and personnel related matters in close consultation with National Operations Officer, ECTAD CTL and the Assistant FAOR (Administration);
• Support other administrative, financial and logistical activities for other Representation projects as necessary.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or any other related field and three years of relevant experience,
• At least three years of relevant experience supporting financial, administrative and logistics activities for international/regional organizations, government and national institutions.
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili;
• National of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
• Excellent typing speed and accuracy in dealing with spreadsheets, drafting correspondences and arithmetic.
• Working knowledge of English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to plan, work and deliver within deadlines without compromising FAO’s rules and standards; and demonstrated ability to perform under minimal supervision.
• Computer literate and proficient in using corporate software such as ERPs
• Excellent interpersonal relations and communications skills.
• Ability to gather, organize and analyse information.
• Capacity to interact professionally with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to organize workshops, meetings, travel and other project development logistical issues.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and willingness to work extended hours and respond to strict deadlines.
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2021.