Drivers (multiple positions) at ICAP
- Company: ICAP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Centre for AIDS Care & Treatment Program (ICAP) Jobs in Tanzania - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: Drivers (multiple positions)
Reports to: Fleet Supervisor (for Dar-based drivers); Admin Assistants (for Mwanza-based drivers) Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza and Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up to 40% (for Dar-based) and 80% (for Mwanza based) in
intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Driver is responsible to drive program staff and visitors with utmost safety and security and adherence to ICAP SOPs and policies and road rules. The Driver is responsible to ensure the car is clean, serviced, and fueled without gaps.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive ICAP program vehicles as directed and provide safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
- Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate
- Drive long distance with or without ICAP staff when required and adhere with the road rules and regulation and ICAP policies.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation (e.g., insurance and road license) are up to date.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures.
- Keep track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule is adhered to and to remind the supervisor and fleet team in advance when vehicle service is due.
- Provide general assistance to the organization staff and its visitors.
- Maintain record of work performed and fuel consumption reports, fill all necessary forms, report and submit timely on reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
- Abide to all ICAP rules and regulations.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills:
- Required Education: Form Four (IV) graduate or higher education.
- Required Certification: Must have valid and current driving license for category B/D.
o Preferred: PSV Certificate from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) is an added advantage.
- Required Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience with a large organization or company successfully driving 4WD manual vehicles in both towns and up-country regions with a clean driving record.
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
- Proficient written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Able to travel for significant periods of time to remote areas, Highest level of integrity is required.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team and interact well with all beneficiaries, health care workers, and volunteers by facilitating a nonjudgmental, non- discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, and to welcome all clients regardless of their background.
Applications close: E. Africa Standard Time
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd August, 2023.