Driver x8 at Tanzania Forest Services (TFS )
- Company: Tanzania Forest Services (TFS )
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCIES AT TANZANIA FOREST SERVICES (TFS) AGENCY (ONE YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT)
Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency is a semi-autonomous Government Agency established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July, 2010 under Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended from time to time. The Agency implements the National Forest and Beekeeping Policy of 1998 and the Forest Act (Cap 323 R.E of 2002) and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bee resources. The agency is among four units forming the Wildlife and Forest Conservation Service established by the Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) (No. 2) Act, 2020.
The Headquarters is located at Misitu House in Itega Area,Dodoma.TFS operates in seven zones as follows: Eastern zone (Kibaha in Pwani Region), Southern zone (Masasi District in Mtwara Region), Southern Highlands zone (Mbeya City in Mbeya Region), Northern zone (Same District in Kilimanjaro Region), Western zone (Tabora Municipal in Tabora Region), Lake zone (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central zone (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region). All operational matters of the Agency are handled at the Zones, while the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITIONS
TFS Lake Zone has 62 vacant positions, which need to be filled immediately with suitably qualified Tanzanians. The following are the particulars related to these positions:
Job Title: Driver II (8-Posts)
Duty Station: Lake Zone
Holder of Form IV Certificate and a Class “C1 or E” Driving License who has attended Basic Driving Course offered by VETA or any recognized Institution with Driving experience of at least one (1) year without causing accidents. Possession of Trade Test Grade II/Level II in Motor Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics is an added advantage.
- To drive motor vehicles in accordance to road traffic rules and regulations
- To inspect motor vehicles before and after any route/journey in order to identify required maintenances or rehabilitation
- To ensure that a motor vehicle and its equipments (jack, spanner, space tyre etc) are available and are in good condition;
- To carry out minor/routine maintenances of vehicles;
- To ensure that motor vehicle doors and windows are properly locked and safe all the time;
- To ensure cleanness of motor at all time;
- To record and maintain records pertaining to any journey in the Logbook;
- To assist in collecting and dispatching mails;
- To report any accident immediately to Supervisor or Traffic Police; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by his superiors.
Method of ApplicationGENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must have clean criminal record;
- Application Letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, Postal Address, email address and Telephone number.
- Certifies Copies of Certificates
- Only Successful candidates will be contacted for further Procedures.
- All applications should be submitted through address mentioned below only.
- Interested applicants should submit their applications
by 25th August, 2023 3:30 PM through the following address:
Tanzania Forest Services Agency,
P.O BOX 919, MWANZA