Driver x6 at PASADA
- Company: PASADA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar Es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA AFYA JUMUISHI PROGRAM
PASADA is anticipating a sub-recipient funding from Management and Development for Health (MDH) to implement Afya Jumuishi program to continue provision of comprehensive HIV care and treatment service in nineteen health facilities in Dar Es Salaam region effective October 2023 to September 2024.
Driver (6 post)
Administration Transport and Logistics Procurement and Logistics Officer
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Driving staff or clients to their desired destinations, maintaining the vehicle safe and clean, arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner;
- Maintains defensive driving;
- Provides a communication link between clients and staff,
- Assists passengers, including handicapped, in and out of the vehicle; operates ramps, lifts and securement devices as needed;
- Reads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for staff, and reads and interprets road signs;
- Presents safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure;
- Keeps the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside;
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management,
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required,
- Fuels the assigned vehicle(s);
- Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions;
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Acceptable Experience and Training:
Must have completed Primary or Secondary School and know how to read, write and count;
must be a minimum of 25 years of age, and possess and maintain a safe and clean driving record of at least two years.
- Certificates and Licenses Required:
Must possess a valid Tanzanian driver’s license Class C. Those with Trade test or motor mechanics training will have an advantage.
Method of ApplicationAll application letters should indicate the position of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed Current curriculum vitae, certified photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact, should be sent not later than 20 September 2023, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound or send them online using [email protected]. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is; The PASADA Executive Director PASADA P. O. Box 70225 DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.